Best Free Apps?

Reaction score
Since the app store is out now, and hopefully you should have been able to update your iPhone/iPod touch, what do you think the best free apps out there are?

Personally, I think that remote is a great app and a great idea, the way you can control what your computer is playing even when your nowhere near it. With some airport speakers it's a fantastic combination.

Games wise, I've found that cube runner is really addictive. It uses the accelerometer really well, and I spent about 30 mins on it and it never gets boring.

But one of the best for me, as I'm a gamer, is the IGN reviews too. Just click it, and you can read (or watch) all the latest reviews for games, and for me this is great. It's alot easier than going to the IGN site in the browser, plus you can watch the vide reviews.

So, what are your top free apps?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 x 20" iMac Intel Core 2 Duo
The Remote is great until it stops working........

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Mac Pro: 2.66 Ghz, 2GB RAM, 23" HD Cenima Display
Best Free Apps IMO are:

eBay
Weather Bug
Where
AP Mobile News
Yellow Pages
Cube Runner
Voice Notes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
You gotta add Shazam into that list. Phenomenal program, IMO.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
BoxOffice.

You enter your zip code, then choose the radius in which you want BoxOffice to search, and it will locate theaters in the radius you chose.

Then, you can choose a theater, and look at all the available movie times, find the street location, or call it by selecting the phone number. You can also select Movies, and view all the movies playing in the theaters, along with poster art, the theaters it's available in, and ratings.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 x 20" iMac Intel Core 2 Duo
Unfortunately a lot of those Apps presume that the world ends at the borders of USA.

They would be nice if they worked internationaly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Unfortunately a lot of those Apps presume that the world ends at the borders of USA.

Well that's a downer. I would have thought they'd be international since iPhones are Inter.

That doesn't make much sense :|

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Well that's a downer. I would have thought they'd be international since iPhones are Inter.

That doesn't make much sense :|

Yeah, that's bugging me too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3

I agree this app is awesome and makes me wonder how its done.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook--2.4ghz--4gb RAM--250gb HD__iPod Touch 8gb
For me...live sportz and weatherbug...huge sports fan and weather i mean...pretty important

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
weather i mean...pretty important

Mother Nature is what determines whether it's going to be a good day or not ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2GHz Intel i7 W/16GB Ram & 256GB SSD

WOW! you are right. amazing. i wonder how it does it? it recognized one song before the words.

Reaction score

Agreed. There should be international versions to this sort of application. Box Office is very useful to me, but I can't use it outside of the US.

I just started download the applications, so I haven't used a lot. While Remote is pretty amazing, I'm not sure why I'd use it if I already have the normal remote control with me. Perhaps when I want to show off a cool remote? Do you guys know if I can use this idea to control PowerPoint or Keynote presentations?

I downloaded Tap Tap Revenge, and it is quite fun actually. My only complaint is that the up and down arrows that come down in the center string doesn't seem to react very well. I'm still trying to get a hang of things though.

iPint is a nice little way to show off just how cool your iPod Touch is. It has free beer! Rock on!

CheckPlease is very useful at the dinner table when you are out trying to share the bill. Just type in the numbers and you know how much to pay for each person at the table, very useful application.

I shall check out more of those today.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8 Gb iPhone/MacBook 2.2 Ghz/G5 iMac/ 8Gb iPod touch
aim and tap tap are two i enjoy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OSX 10.6, 1TB Storage

"U-S-A, U-S-A, U-S-A!!"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OSX 10.6, 1TB Storage
The Remote is great until it stops working........

For serious.

I've actually sync'd it with about 4 computers that aren't mine. I am the keymaster

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Heres one I got tonight to add to the list:

AOL Radio

I have listened to the "Comedy Attack" station and I have been LAUGHING for hours. Lots of great comedians, like George Carlin, Lewis Black, Alonzo Bodden, and Jim Gaffigan. (there are many others, but those happen to be my favorite ;))

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I'm loving shazam. Been using it in it's various forms for a while now but this is the best yet.

Wish I could find a reminder app that could pop up an alarm at a specific time. Found loads of task and to do apps but they all deal in days not specific times.

Also where's eBay for the UK?

Reaction score
I'm loving shazam. Been using it in it's various forms for a while now but this is the best yet.

Wish I could find a reminder app that could pop up an alarm at a specific time. Found loads of task and to do apps but they all deal in days not specific times.

Also where's eBay for the UK?

I finally found Shazam, apparently it is not available in every App Store around the world, at least not in mine.

I don't think it is compatible with iPod Touch, is it?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.