Help with DiskWarrior please.

Reaction score
I recently acquired a version of diskwarrior 4.1 as a .dmg. I burnt the .dmg to a disk and tried to boot my comp from it by holding down C and nothing happened. How do I burn the files so that my comp will recognize it as a bootable disk?

Thank you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Just be patient Newmaccer as DiskWarrior 4.1 can take up to 15 minutes to boot from the CD your burnt. After popping in CD, reboot and hold down 'C' until you see the gear wheel activating, and then go make a coffee or something and just let it be.

Keep us posted on your progress?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 2.5GHz C2D, 6 Gigs Ram (Yes) 320 7200 RPM..and much more!
Techtool Pro 4 also works wonders!!!

OP
N
Reaction score
Aw ok thank you! So I now have the DiskWarrior 4.1 cd in my drive and I have selected the rebuilt option. 9 Hours later, it is still at this screen.

Rebuilding Directory...
Step 5: Locating Directory Data
Speed Reduced by Disk Malfunction: 1697

Is this normal?
I am just wondering if it normally takes this long or if i should try and restart the process.

Thank you very much!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Let it cook. :D It may take a considerable time to get through the entire process especially since the disk appears to have problems.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No email Alsoft tech support for assistance asap especially asking about the Disk Malfunction message.

OP
N
Reaction score
Ok so diskwarrior finally finished after 33 hours of cooking! i was so happy it said that it completed successfully. Upon completion i exited DW and it restarted. but then nothing happened when it was starting up. i booted from the install disk and ran the disk utility again and instead of saying my disk was fixed, the SMART status read "Failing" and it said "This drive has reported a fatal hardware error to disk utility"... But DW said it rebuilt
successfully... what the heck is that about?

then i went into the files tab and it gave me an error code of -1715 when trying to view the data.

thanks for your help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Immediately contact Alsoft as suggested. Tell them what happened and how long DiskWarrior ran for and the problems you are faced with now and ask what they will do to assist you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.