iPhone update 2.0 why?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8 Gb iPhone/MacBook 2.2 Ghz/G5 iMac/ 8Gb iPod touch
Ok it is finally here .... 2.0 . I just thought i share my 2 cents. After having difficulties falling asleep last night because of anticipation of the new firmware... I wake up only to find I cant update! at this point Im upset, I quickly go online to see what is going on(macforums) I find out that the servers our down. I keep on refreshing the iPhone tab hoping to get the update
finally I do I update which take about 15 minutes. Ok after thats done i think to my self finally after waiting about 6 months i will be able to use 3rd party apps on my iPhone oh boy was I wrong. I find out that it says i must activate through iTunes simple enough right? oh wait APPLE'S SERVERS OUR DOWN! So Im now refreshing the iPhone page like every minute for about 10 minutes finally i say screw it. So after being iPhone less for 3 hours i go back and begin trying it. After about 5 attempts it works I am able to activate it. Finally i am able to use the highly anticipated 2.0 features and the apps! ok so after my iphone is synced another 5 minutes i go into find my apps..........not there after downloading and buying about 30 apps the night before none were on it. So i try to sync it dose not show. So I wait another hour and half now we are about 4 hours and 45 minutes in. It decides to work good job apple IT guys just a shy under 5 hours. ok so now im going to try to run some apps..... crash.....I will re-try......crash....once more.....restart. Frustration!!!!!!! Ok so another 10 minutes i spend trying to fix the apps and what not. Ok now i think everything is working.....let me try to sync it ok it works...... backing up iPhone...........6 minutes later......backing up software. Every time i sync it always says backing up iPhone for about 3 minutes i get all my apps via itunes not the iPhone. ok so The restart count is at about 7 times where the iphone has just restarted itself crash count i dont know rough guess 20 and freeze guess maybe 10 .
Hey apple maybe you guys should think things through.

oh i plugged my phone in right when i started typing this and guess what... Backing up iPhone maybe 2/3 done

Just though i write up my experience and let every one else no there not the only one:Angry-Tongue:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Well maybe next time you shouldn't try doing it the same time MILLIONS (ok, tens of thousands) of other people across the globe are trying to do it all at once.

OP
j21m2293
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
But apple knew that everyone one was going to flood at&t stores and others were going to update to 2.0 apple screwed up

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Mac Pro: 2.66 Ghz, 2GB RAM, 23" HD Cenima Display
Should have installed 2.0 on the 10th like I did. ;-)

OP
j21m2293
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i was going to but am very paranoid about my iPhone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2GHz Intel i7 W/16GB Ram & 256GB SSD
I updated my phone last night and my wife's this morning with no problems.

OP
j21m2293
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yeah b/c the servers were finally working.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Mac Pro: 2.66 Ghz, 2GB RAM, 23" HD Cenima Display
Actually if you installed 2.0 on the 10th (like I did), you accidentally got the version of the firmware intended for the iPhone 3G. The correct one is slightly different. MacRumors has an article explaining the goof-up and what to do.

http://www.macrumors.com/2008/07/11...iphone-2-0-firmware-to-official-2-0-firmware/

Interesting. I may re-download it later, but right now I'm on the road and can't sync to my home computer. Besides, I've not had one problem since I upgraded on the 10th so I'm not really worried.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.