• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

I need a bloomin avatar here !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.5 i5/16Gb/500Gb/Radeon 6630M-256MB
Ok ok ok, been on here for a while now, getting up there in post count, own three Macs, several PCs, etc. etc. need to get me an avatar, been pondering using an image of a Mac Mini since it's my fastest Mac, taken by me of course but eh.....seen some groovy ones here Mac related, wondering where you guys and gals find them !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
Mine is just a picture of me wake boarding. Some people use iSight pictures or just pick one of the ones available here on mac-forums.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook mid level 2.2ghz 2gb ram, 120gb HD
I just searched the web for an image of what wanted. Best to find one that fits either you or your interest, though they aren't always needed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
A google image search + some kind of imaging editing software like photoshop is the way I do it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I usually just make my own. If you give me some ideas, I can throw some ideas into Illustrator for you if you'd like.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
I just used the iSight with the Comic Book effect. ;) works really well when the lighting is perfect!

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
the apple/mac generic avatars are a bit boring usually, make something personal, something that stands out and says it's "you" as people scroll down a page.

T

todd51

I'm a big fan of going to google images and then adjusting the size via Photoshop.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.5 i5/16Gb/500Gb/Radeon 6630M-256MB
If I had the creative touch with software like Photoshop or GIMP, I'd do up an image like punkr0x0rs big red one, an eMac on the left 3/4 view from above, screen facing right, another eMac on the right facing the other with an Intel Mini in the middle....however I'm not so well, gifted in image editing....lol just my crazy idea.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac, 2.4ghz, 250hdd, 2gb ram (4gb on the way!), AppleTV, iPhone
Just think about something that really represents you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook--2.4ghz--4gb RAM--250gb HD__iPod Touch 8gb
just keep lookin you'll find one

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.