MacBook goes to sleep mode for no reason!!

Reaction score
This is very irritating, from time to time when I'm surfing the web, listen to music, viewing photos, etc..., my macbook screen turns black and enters sleep mode! I got it last December, its the 2.2 Ghz white version. Can anyone help me?

p.s : I set settings to "Never" go to sleep mode but it does anyways....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
How often does this happen? When your battery is low, the machine will enter sleep mode.
Make sure that you are charging it. You might have to calibrate the battery if you haven't done so in a while.

OP
V
Reaction score
How often does this happen? When your battery is low, the machine will enter sleep mode.
Make sure that you are charging it. You might have to calibrate the battery if you haven't done so in a while.

Calibrate? Could you explain please?

Thanks.

Reaction score
random sleep mode

Mine Too! I'm using a 2 Ghz macbook.
It's only been doing it for the last few weeks. I will be happily using my mac when with out any warning (I have the battery icon showing and it will usually be when it's about 20-30% ) the screen goes black and I cannot wake it up until I attach the power cord! This is SO annoying. I can't find any help on the internet that solves this problem. I have no idea why it's doing this, or what might be causing it. Most of the help I have found is for full random shutdown.
If anyone has ANY ideas, please let me know. (I'm not a tech head, so keep it simple!)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.