I can't install 2.0, my phone is stuck!

Reaction score
My phone is stuck trying to access the iTunes store. It timed out so I ejected it and it told me to plug into iTunes, only slide for emergency. I plugged it back in and still won't access the store. HELP!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
I had this problem - keep trying - took me about 4 or 5 attempts to get through - now taking AGES to put all my music back on...

Good luck.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
I'm talking to my friend right now, and he went to the Apple store to check out the 3Gs, and he was talking to the clerks about the 2.0 Update. He's telling me that they will have bug fixes by the end of next week. I don't know if that has to do with bugs, but the 2.0 update has been messing up his phone. So we'll see. . .

And wow I posted this in the wrong thread. :|

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP unibody
Yep, iTunes had a MASSIVE server overload this morning. I just bought my iPhone 3G and can not even activate it because iTunes is still not cooperating. After talking to Apple tech support, they said they should hopefully be up and running by 1:00 p.m. CST today... hopefully.

phc

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
intel imac 24" 2.8GHz, 8GB ipod Nano, 16gb white iphone, 250gb apple tv, 8gb iphone.
this is great, modern technology put to the test and guess what its doesn't work !!!. now been trying for 4 hours to get old iphone to talk to itunes 20 attempts later and still not working. How can apple of underestimated the usage and number of people upgrading they shipped the stuff and knew the numbers.

This is crap total crap.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
this is great, modern technology put to the test and guess what its doesn't work !!!. now been trying for 4 hours to get old iphone to talk to itunes 20 attempts later and still not working. How can apple of underestimated the usage and number of people upgrading they shipped the stuff and knew the numbers.

This is crap total crap.

Take a break and come back later to see if its working...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel
If I remember right sort of the same thing happened when the first iPhone was released. Didn't it? Everyone was trying to go on iTunes at the same time and the server just couldn't handle it.

Apple should have expected this and increased the bandwidth/service capacity. I expected to have some problems. That was a lot of things released at the same time (MobleMe, iPhone 2.0, revamp iTunes for Apps). And they are releasing the iPhone in more countries this time.

I figure it'll all be worked out in a couple of days. They always done it before. The main thing is that we have a working iPhone (at least the phone) until it get's worked out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP unibody
That's just it though, the rest of the stuff works on it but I have no calling capabilities. I a connecting to the internet through my home network. It would be nice to get this thing setup and actually be able to carry it around w/ me, ya know, like a normal phone!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook--2.4ghz--4gb RAM--250gb HD__iPod Touch 8gb
Thats why i have a regular walkman slider phone and getting the ipod touch...yeah i get the idea that the iphone is my phone plus touch together...but i wont be getting aggrevated and will have two awesome pieces of technology. That both totally work...at the point of purchase.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
I've been trying to do it for 7 hours.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP unibody
It's working!!! Finally, my new iPhone is syncing...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Woooo! Mine's just finished :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8GB iPhone, A new MB (When they come out!)
Mine doesn't even give me the option to make emergency calls. I know what screen that is. Mine just permanently has the iPhone cord going into the iTunes logo on it, nothing else. No slide for emergency thing.

What is wrong with this.

error 13 and error 6, is there an error log somewhere?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Did you upgrade to iTunes 7.7?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.