• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

iPhone 3G unlocked

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core Duo 17" A Little Piece Of Heaven
Yeah, it only took them hours.

Hit

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4Ghz
Ok then you have it unlocked but why would you want to change operator
Because you are forced to buy a very expensive contract, and you are not going to throw the sim away and pay the fines

Reaction score
Because you are forced to buy a very expensive contract, and you are not going to throw the sim away and pay the fines

This software would come in handy if you had multiple sim cards, for different countries for example. I currently have 3 pay as you go sims for 3 different countries as it is cheaper and you don't end up with a massive roaming bill.

EdH

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro(5.1), Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM, 250GB hdd
...also allows access to a world of non-appstore apps through Installer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Alu 13.3 Inch , 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 duo , 2.2gb 667 DDR2 SDRAM & Ipod Touch 16gb
Well.. This is the only way we people who are not from Apple's 70 countries list will be able to use the iPhone. They probably didn't see a market here. Thats Apple for you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
Does every phone manufacturer make every phone for every country?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
I'm just waiting for it to be unlocked so I can use mine on Tmobile...It's sitting here wrapped in plastic driving me crazy

Hit

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4Ghz
I'm just waiting for it to be unlocked so I can use mine on Tmobile...It's sitting here wrapped in plastic driving me crazy

What will you do with the monthly contract then?
You can't avoid it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
Yes I can I bought mine on ebay. Brand new unopened I bought 2 of them I'm keeping one and selling the other.

Hit

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4Ghz
If it's bought form ebay you got an first Gen iphone which you should be able to unlock already

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid'09 MBP; 2.53GHz; 8GB RAM; OS X 10.8.2 | 2G iPod Touch 32GB | iPhone 5 iOS 7.1 16GB | iPad Air
Does every phone manufacturer make every phone for every country?
i don't mean to cause a stir, but there's no comparison.
other manufacturers have dozens of models, so there are always options.
the only "known" phone models we don't have available here for example, are sidekicks (because only kids who watch gossip girl know what it is) and iPhones.

guess how many people know what that is?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If it's bought form ebay you got an first Gen iphone which you should be able to unlock already

There not first generation,There two 3G iphones. Check ebay there is probably 1000 of them for sale. I was lucky enough to get two

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.