How do I reinstall one application?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
did it come with your mac? if it did, it should be on the software restore disk in like extra applications or something. if you bought it seperately, insert the disc and install it.

OP
C

crispeto

It came with my new ibook and I deleted it to use openoffice but I'd like to give it another chance. When I try and install it from the OS X and install disc, it wants to reinstall all of my apps. Is there anyway to just install appleworks? Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
insert osx install disk 1, is it on that? or boot from the install disk 1, choose custom install, in the options, set it to archive and install, then in the list of what to install, can you select only appleworks and deselect everything else? archive and install wont erase anything, but it might reset a few preferences.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
STOP!
No need to do all that!!!

Go to versiontracker.com search for pacifist, download that and follow the instructions.

It lets you only install the parts off the disks that you really need (i.e. appleworks in this case :))

OP
C

code777

yeah try versiontracker first - or just use the OS X install disc and click on Appleworks {English} to get it back.

oh and make sure to repair permissions before and after!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
holy cow! I cant believe I forgot about pacifist, I use it all the time. but why repair permissions before?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
code777 said:
i don't know, hahahahahaha - its just something i've read here
probably something Ive said, I know Ive mentioned using pacifist before when others have needed help, though youre the first other than myself ever to mention it, o well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.