MacBooks... Please read! Help needed!

Reaction score
Hey folks,

I'm new to the forum and I've got a problem with my Macbook that seems to be confusing a few people... I'm hoping it's a common thing and someone can help! Here's the problem:

1) It started crashing ALL the time all of a sudden and re-launching OSX all the time.
2) About a year ago I swapped the RAM that I changed from 512mb to 2gb and thought that was the problem... it wasn't!
3) Put the RAM back in and formatted..... it seemed to be ok!
4) Once I had installed the 20-odd updates it needed, I restarted it.... nothing happened!!! It got to the point with the grey screen and the rotating 'loading' icon and nothing happened!

I have tried re-installing, which started off well, it got to the second disk and installed everything, then started installing the second disk again! I thought it was just having a hissy, so left it over night and when I woke up it was still installing the second disk over and over!

Please help, I do not have the cash for a new one! Is it a hardware problem? A software problem? I just don't know!

Thanks in advance for any help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Try booting from install disk 1 and then go to Disk Utility and run Repair Disk from there and see what comes up. If all is okay erase the drive and start again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.