uploadin streaming video problems

N

nocsyn

recently i have been having problems uploading streaming video onto sites from safari...instead of uploading them on the site (doesnt matter if they are quicktime or wma) they just download to my desktop....its def safari cause it works on explorer...these same videos have worked b4 and now for some reason it doesnt...this message came up

"Some content on this page requires an Internet plug-in that Safari doesn’t support. The application “Windows Media Player” may be able to display this content. Would you like to try?"

...so obviously is a plugin problem but how do i fix it?...i tried a repair disk but nothing and disk permission wont even work at all?...thanks ahead of time

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
That is normal. There is no plugin for windows media player in Safari (or mozilla for that matter) so the file downloads itself to the desktop and opens up windows media player to play it

OP
N

nocsyn

trpnmonkey41 said:
That is normal. There is no plugin for windows media player in Safari (or mozilla for that matter) so the file downloads itself to the desktop and opens up windows media player to play it
it isnt normal if quicktime does it also....but it doesnt happen when im in explorer...so its a problem with safari

...also these same videos would just open up in a new window without downloading to my desktop but now they are...my prefernces are right in safari too...but still no change

Reaction score
Citizen of the world, currently in Orlando, FL
Your Mac's Specs
iMac dual 1.83
settings

Ya might take a GOOD DETAILED look at your settings for Safari (preferences).

I don't use the thing. Too many better browsers out there, IMO, with more compatibility. Check out Mozilla's free browser (Thunderbird, is it?) if you're not happy with Explorer. Safari may be streamlined, but it's sure as heck not compatible with our reality.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
I don't think you are going to get a response from the op as this thread is like 3 and a half years old.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.