Nano Cable - won't plug in

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac = 20-inch, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 320GB HD, Leopard. iPod Nano = 4GB, Silver
I recieved my new iPod Nano this morning. For some silly reason I'm having trouble plugging in the USB cable into the Nano.

The USB end is plugged into my iMac and the other end which has a wider plug, won't plug into the nano. This plug seems to have something at each end of the plug, looks like it slides. See in the below picture, the cable only has 1 tiny thing as the right side of the plug, mine has this on both sides. I don't want to forse the plug in as it should just plug in simply.
specs_inputnew_20070905.jpg

I've rang DickSmith who just told me its simple, plug it in..they were useless.

I rang Apple who didn't tell me much except to take it back to DickSmith and get them to show me.

I won this Nano too

Any advice? as I'm frustrated now

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Are their small buttons on the side of the plug? Push those in to see if it goes.

Some force should need to be applied anyways though...

OP
KiwiJenn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac = 20-inch, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 320GB HD, Leopard. iPod Nano = 4GB, Silver
I had another go after reading your reply and managed to get the plug in, it did need more force than I expected. Thank you:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.