Adium help!

Reaction score
When I receive a new message, I want the window to popup to the front like it does with AIM. Currently, when someone messages me the dock bounces and there is a one in the top right corner, however, I usually miss those.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
You can make the icon "bounce" in the dock. You think that might help?

If so, go to Adium Prefs>> Advanced

in the left pane, click Messages.

Look under the "When there are unread messages" section and check the "Animate the dock icon" box.

Now, when you receive a new IM, the icon will bounce in your dock until you bring Adium to the front.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
What about using Growl? Adium usually installs it and you can set it to pop up anywhere on the screen (over all other windows) to let you know not only that someone said something, but what they said.

It should be installed (if it isn't just google Growl and install it). Go to the System Preferences and it should be in the bottom list.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
What about using Growl? Adium usually installs it and you can set it to pop up anywhere on the screen (over all other windows) to let you know not only that someone said something, but what they said.

It should be installed (if it isn't just google Growl and install it). Go to the System Preferences and it should be in the bottom list.

Growl! Ah, yes. I would have mentioned that, but I didn't realize it used Growl until I booted my computer this morning.

Get Growl. You can customize it in so many different ways.

I am currently using Crystal ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
Growl! Ah, yes. I would have mentioned that, but I didn't realize it used Growl until I booted my computer this morning.

Get Growl. You can customize it in so many different ways.

I am currently using Crystal ;)

Yeah I am too. Have you previewed the speaking one? I used that one for a while and had Steven Hawking voice telling me what people said. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nice! lol! well, actually, I changed to Bezel! :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.