iPod Touch Not Recognized / Can't Turn Off

Reaction score
So with the new 2.0 firmware, I decided to install the latest 1.1.4 firmware onto my jailbroken ipod. I knew it would wipe the jailbreak and I knew that. So I was downloading the firmware then had to go so I just let it finish. When I got back, the iPod looked like it was charging and Itunes was at the store homepage, but my ipod wasn't on the devices. I guess it just installed it but I wouldn't have thought that I would need to click something once the download was finished.

Now I tried to plug it in and it isn't recognized by my MBP, also when I choose Music or Video on my iPod Touch it just goes back to the home screen. A while ago as well, my friend's girlfriend dropped my iPod and since then the power button rarely works, which isn't a big problem but now, when i'd like to restore, I can't. What to do, what to do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air, 20" iMac 2.17 Ghz 1GB
Interesting. Have you powered your MPB off and on as well as doing a hard reset on your touch (home key and power key both held in for 10 secs or so)??

OP
T
Reaction score
ive restarted the MBP and as I said my power button on my touch doesn't work. im trying to run down my battery by streaming diggnation from safari with brightness all the way then plug it in and hold the home key. could the cable be the problem. i used it yesterday to sync though

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air, 20" iMac 2.17 Ghz 1GB
I guess the cable could be the problem, but sounds more like your touch is in an unresponsive state and needs reset - which pressing and holding the 2 keys is the only way I know of to do that other than maybe what you are trying with running down the battery all the way.

OP
T
Reaction score
i checked and i'm under warranty. if i bring it to the apple store, what do you think they will do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
I think they would just give you a new one. They gave my friend a new iPhone without even checking if anything was wrong with it. He said something was wrong with it and they handed him a new one. I don't know if they always do that, though.

Regardless, since yours is still under warranty, they will give you a new one.

OP
T
Reaction score
that would be ideal. I just don't want to have to pay a bunch and have it shipped all around and take forever

OP
T
Reaction score
so just got back from driving by, the line at the KC, MO store is way down the street and im sure nobody there would want to help me with my ipod instead of selling new phones. I guess ill come by tomorrow? any other ideas? i just need a way to turn off my ipod without the top button. any way to do that?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.