sharing photos in iphoto between 2 users on same system

Reaction score
I have recently switched from PC to Mac. I have now imported all my pictures from the PC to the Mac. I have installed both me and my spouse as admins on the mac, but when I go into her account, iPhoto does not list any pictures.

Please advise how we can both share the same photos in iPhoto.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.5 GHz 2 GB RAM 250 GB HDD NViDA GeForce 8600 GMT
(Note: I have never done this exact procedure myself, but I am quite sure it should work. Just make sure that you have your spouse's iPhoto Library backed up if you have saved any photos in that library.)
Right click iPhoto library & Change the user permission to allow your spouse's account Read & Write access to it.
Log into your spouse's account & Open her pictures Folder & Delete the iPhoto Library.
After that Open iPhoto & it should ask you to either create a new iPhoto library or locate an existing one, so locate the iPhoto library in your Home Folder>Pictures Folder.

And that's it!

Hope that helps!

Cheers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.66GHz Intel Core 2Duo
hi guys... i tried that and it does not work... any changes I try to make to my wife's library is not saved claiming that the disk might be full, which is not. Any way around this???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Move your library to somewhere outside your home folder. (of course, backup before doing so!). Then, when launching iPhoto hold down the Option key. That will ask you to select an iPhoto library to choose from. Point it to the new location (Macintosh HD > iPhoto Library)

Then, login to your wife's account. Do the same thing with iPhoto. If it doesn't load for some reason, go to Macintosh HD > iPhoto library and do a Get Info. Change the permissions so everyone can access that library. Should work.

Last but not the least, report back. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.