MacBookPro - damage from heat in car trunk?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21 Inch - 3.1 GHz I7 Quad Core - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD, iPod Nano, iPad Air - 16GB Wifi Only
I guess this question applies to any laptop but since my laptop is a MacBookPro I will ask the question referring to that specific laptop -
Question: I go on a lot of trips in my car and often put my MackBookPro in the trunk of the car for several hours (sometimes all day) and it really gets hot in the car in the southeast US. Does this environmental heat damage the laptop over time? Thx!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I guess this question applies to any laptop .... Does this environmental heat damage the laptop over time? Thx!
Yes.
Notebook computers should be stored at around room temperature.

Your car's trunk is not the best place.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2.5ghz
yes that will cause damage to any electronics specifically the battery.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
According to Apple I shouldn't take my laptop outside ;)

Storage temperature: -13° to 113° F (-24° to 45° C)

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21 Inch - 3.1 GHz I7 Quad Core - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD, iPod Nano, iPad Air - 16GB Wifi Only
Thanks!

Thanks to all three of you for replying to my question. Common sense (I have al little of that but not too much!) told me leaving the laptop in the trunk on a very hot day was not a good thing but I was not sure it had specific effects - such as damaging the battery or reducing the battery life.
Thx!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.