Deleting individual files in Trash

Reaction score
Is there any way to delete files individually in Trash? I want to delete a few files, but I have some huge ones in there as well that make emptying the whole trash a ridiculous ordeal, but everything I have tried to just delete specific files has failed.

Help???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Is there any way to delete files individually in Trash? I want to delete a few files, but I have some huge ones in there as well that make emptying the whole trash a ridiculous ordeal, but everything I have tried to just delete specific files has failed.

The short answer, afaik, is 'no'. Take the "huge" files out of the Trash and put them in a desktop folder while you delete the smaller ones in Trash first.

Then, delete the folder of big files overnight, or when you're away from your computer for several hours. Oh, and if you're using Secure Empty Trash, it's going to take an awful long time. Not really necessary unless the files are of sensitive material. Just Empty Trash will do otherwise.

Reaction score
Similar problem

Hi all - similar Trash related problem,
I managed to copy some from an external HDD to my desktop. The HDD was used previously on a Windows systems, so the files are read only. As a result I cannot remove them from trash! Please could you help as the files are huge and taking up all my Mac HDD space!!

Cheers guys,
Pav

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.