Polishing powerbook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
I have seen people painting iBooks, and the powerbooks are aluminum so my question is has anyone busted out the mothers and polished their powerbook yet, and if they did how long did it take to get the anodize off. I bet it would look prety sweet. Bling Bling Stats

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
My PB is like a day old so I don't think im ready to try it yet but if it gets scratched or if someone else did it and it looked sweet I would definatly do it. Once its polished you wouldn't have to worry about scratches anymore either.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)
iKlear (or is it iKlean?) polish seems to work great. I picked up a bottle for $10 at the Apple store, and it made my Mac look brand spanking new. It took off the film of "stuff" on the outside, and made the screen look new again. It also has an anti-static element so that dust doesn't attract to your screen. I *highly* recommend the stuff.

Reaction score
Osiris22x said:
iKlear (or is it iKlean?) polish seems to work great. I picked up a bottle for $10 at the Apple store, and it made my Mac look brand spanking new. It took off the film of "stuff" on the outside, and made the screen look new again. It also has an anti-static element so that dust doesn't attract to your screen. I *highly* recommend the stuff.

I think he is talking about a more serious polishing, like polishing to the point that the surface has a mirror like shine.

B

bobx2001

i have used iKlear on my powerbook screen, and it works great, i was very impressed with the results. on the package it says it can clean the rest of the powerbook as well. i got 11 wipes left, so i might clean the whole powerbook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
wassup this is my first post... anyway to the point... i was thinkin of customizing my PB im not sure what this polishing is all about. is that gonna make it a chrome or stainless steel type finish? I was lookin on pbparts.com and its like 100 bucks to buy another screen back, more for the bottom. i was thinkin about gettin some airbrushed graffitti or like a mural

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
yes im talking polish it like take aluminum polish and make it shine. but first you would have to get through the anodize to do that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.