Installing Windows

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4GHz 200GB Hard Drive 4GB Ram
I was wondering if windows xp professional edition is better for gaming with my mac book pro than with just regular xp(home edition)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
No. The only advantage XP Pro has over XP Home is its ability to connect to and join domains and certain other networking functions. There are also other differences having to do with security and managing users but certainly none of them have any impact whatsoever on gaming.

A copy of XP Home SP2 will work well for gaming with your MBP. Don't give MS any more of your $$$ than you have to. :Angry-Tongue:

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
A copy of XP Home SP2 will work well for gaming with your MBP. Don't give MS any more of your $$$ than you have to. :Angry-Tongue:

Regards.

chscag, I'm with you there... Noel

OP
X
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4GHz 200GB Hard Drive 4GB Ram
alright i agree i dont want to give them any money at all though haha so xp pro wont do any better for gaming than regular xp? oh! is pro better for battery life?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
BobbXX,

Don't think so...

Noel

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.