• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

How many Macs (and computers) do you own?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'11 Macbook Pro i5 2.3 GHZ, 4GB, 10.10.4
I have 4.

I have my gaming desktop: 2.0GHZ Athlon 64 X2 3800+, 2GB DDR2 667MHZ, 320GB HD, Dual Layer DVD-RW, Geforce 8600GTS "superclocked" 512MB

My Macbook, specs below...

A Bondi Blue G3 imac, 233MHZ, 128MB RAM, 10GB HD, CD Drive, no OS right now...

Then another desktop, 1.8GHZ P4, 1GB RAM, 40GB HD, SiS 680 lol

I only use my gaming desktop and my macbook. The other two are just for when I feel like messing with them really...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Retina MacBook Pro (15")
3 Mac Mini's (all 2.0GHz Core 2 Duos, all 2GB Ram)

1 24" Core2 Extreme 2.8GHz Aluminum iMac, 4GB Ram

1 2.4GHz Core2 Duo Macbook Pro, 4GB Ram

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(3,1): C2D 2.2ghz, 4g RAM, 10.7.5; iMac(12,1): 2.5ghz i5, 16gb RAM, 10.9.1; iPhone5S iOS7.04
I personally own two computers -- my MacBook, and a Dell Dimension tower that I've hardly ever touched since I got my MacBook. :) (And when I DO use the Dell, I'd say at least 90% of the time I use Linux rather than Windows.)

Technically I own three...there's a Sony Vaio tower that my wife calls her own, but she bought it with our tax refund about four years ago, so I say it's part mine too, so nyaaa!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro and Mac Book Pro 17"
I'll start off with the relics.
2 Desktops (one HP, one IBM) both sitting in the closet
1 Compaq laptop that is as old as........(I'm keeping because it was my first laptop, I'm too sentimental)
Working computers.
Two HP desktops (one mine one my husbands)
One HP laptop (work computer)
Now My pride and joy's!!
One Mac Book Pro
and
One G5 Tower.
I would get rid of the relics, but I just can bring my self to throw some thing out, even though thats all their worth.:Blushing:

Reaction score
Only my first which I got last week.....for now.....but trust me, there will be MANY more in the future. Go Apple!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I just added a second computer to the arsenal.
It's a Summer '01 (last gen) Snow G3 iMac 600MHz. I picked up on CraigsList for $40 with a keyboard and mouse. I promise not to turn this one into a cat bed. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 MacBook Pro 15.4" 2.4GHz 4GB, 19in Viewsonic LCD, Mac Alum keyboard, Razer Diamondback 3G
2 PC's (HP and a Emachines), G3, and MBP, and of course an iPod :D

I'll start off with the relics.
2 Desktops (one HP, one IBM) both sitting in the closet
1 Compaq laptop that is as old as........(I'm keeping because it was my first laptop, I'm too sentimental)
Working computers.
Two HP desktops (one mine one my husbands)
One HP laptop (work computer)
Now My pride and joy's!!
One Mac Book Pro
and
One G5 Tower.
I would get rid of the relics, but I just can bring my self to throw some thing out, even though thats all their worth.:Blushing:

eh salvage the hard drives and make a bank of em, and piece the rest out on ebay.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Thought i revive this thread.
Nick if you see this, where is the thread with all your Mac's ??? Cant find it, is why i am reviving this one.

Well now i have a My beloved
2010 13" MBP with the 4GB RAM and 250HD

Indigo iMac DV SE (summer 2000) 500Mhz 1GB RAM and the 30GB HD. As you can see this baby was decked out to the max for its time.

And i have recently bought for a carton of beer this Power Macintosh G3 Tower (Blue and White) 450Mhz 1GB RAM and 12GB HD. This beauty is running OS 9. Now i like this OS but is quite restricted in todays usage. Might put 10.4.11 on it.

Recommendations on what i could do with ??

Im thinking i might GUT the G3 tower and then reconstruct the inside of it to accommodate a Mac Mini or 2 ?? LOL

Now i am modding my 4Runner im looking for other stuff to Mod. This is fun :)

Cheers

Reaction score
One PC, three Mac's.

The PC runs Windows 7, and may soon be replaced.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Thought i revive this thread.
Nick if you see this, where is the thread with all your Mac's ??? Cant find it, is why i am reviving this one.

Ha ha...I'm not sure I should admit to how many Mac's I currently own.;) I will say that the "acquisition process" has definitely slowed down lately...and I've even passed up some decent deals.:(

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
1 MBP (mine)
2 VAIO PCG-V505 laptop (mine & wife)
3 Gateway 400SD4 laptops (all bought broken off of ebay-1 for parts and 2 now fixed)
1 Dell Latitude D800 laptop (bought broken now fixed)
3 Win7 desktop computers (1 has a virus, 1 is on it's last leg and 1 I use mainly with my SCSI drives for music)
+6 external SCSI drives (2 Zips, 1 Jaz, 2 card readers and 1 9GB HD)

I didn't realize how many computers I got until I listed them. Time to spring clean!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Ha ha...I'm not sure I should admit to how many Mac's I currently own.;) I will say that the "acquisition process" has definitely slowed down lately...and I've even passed up some decent deals.:(

- Nick

HAHA last i remember was 25+. But i thought there was another dedicated thread but for the life of me i cant find it.

So what has slowed down the process of acquisition for you ?? And im sure if they where really decent deal you would of got them ?? No ?? Im hopeless if its to good a deal i cant pass it up. Hmmm wondering if that is why im separated now lol

@JUKE mate you have one big stable there. More from the dark side ;P but we wont hold that against you . . . .
Looks like you like the broken ones to revive them to be working again. Do you use all of them or are they collecting dust ??

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
@JUKE mate you have one big stable there. More from the dark side ;P but we wont hold that against you . . . .
Looks like you like the broken ones to revive them to be working again. Do you use all of them or are they collecting dust ??

Cheers

Honestly I had to blow the dust off of the Windows laptops to get the model numbers off of them. lol
The MBP,VAIO and the one desktop (with Adaptec SCSI card) are the only computers I use mainly for my music.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
HAHA last i remember was 25+. But i thought there was another dedicated thread but for the life of me i cant find it.

So what has slowed down the process of acquisition for you ?? And im sure if they where really decent deal you would of got them ?? No ??

I don't know if I've ever "come clean" in a thread how many I have (I probably have...I just don't remember). The info used to be part of my profile/avatar (maybe you remember seeing it there)...but then I removed it...and just listed my most used Macintosh specs.

What slowed things was:

- wife getting a bit "peeved" (but not really so much since I try to keep everything confined to one room). I even built some custom heavy-duty shelving to keep things organized better.
- being a little more "picky" about what I buy. Fewer "doubles" of models I already have. Sure I could buy more "doubles" for parts...but you got to draw the line somewhere.
- saving a little cash here & there...to buy other computer stuff...like a Magic Trackpad, bluetooth Apple keyboard, software such as Parallels, and helping to finance the 2009 Mac Pro I got recently.
- lastly...a lot of folks selling used Mac's on my local Craig's List are being just insane regarding their asking prices. Even if I negotiate them down 50% off their asking price...that price is still probably 2x too much!:(

I've even had the will-power to pass on deals for only $10-$15 bucks!:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2015 15" rMBP, 2.8GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 512GB Storage, AMD Radeon R9 M370X, 10.11.1

2 iMacs
2 MacBooks
1 PC Laptop which sits in my dad’s workshop sucking up dust
1 PC Desktop which is 9 years old, but is regularly used for PC only apps.

EDIT: Technically 7. My grandmother has a Mac which used to be mine, but donated to her when her PC’s HD failed.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
I have 3:

3.06 Core 2 Duo iMac 8GB RAM 500GB HDD -2009
2.4 Core 2 Duo MBP 8GB RAM 500GB HDD -2010

An empty Powermac G5 shell to be turned into a server at some point;

A custom Windows Desktop:

Core i5 2500k @3.3 (3.6 Turbo), AMD HD 6850 1GB, 4GB RAM, 2 x 500GB HDD, 1 x 250GB HD (soon SSD & 8GB) w/USB 3 etc, Win 7 x64 (oh and it glows blue :p)

one for everything I need.

Mixing/Mastering on the iMac, travelling to London is covered with the almost identical MBP (goes snugly in the backpack while on the bike),

and the Windows rig for anything mega 3D or CPU intensive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I have a 2011 i7 Thunderbolt MBP and a C2D Mac Mini, plus an iPad, iPad 2 and iPhone 4.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
09 MBP 15" 10.6.7
11 HP G42 Win 7
10 iPad (1)
10 iPhone 4
08 Apple TV 40 gb

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
3 Macs (MBP, MacBook, and Mini)
2 iPads (iPad2)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.