Warranty

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz MacBook
I guess I'm not so new to this forum anymore but don't know where else to post so I think this is the most appropriate area to post my question.

I have my MacBook for a little over a month and today when I was watching some shows. I noticed a can't quite explain it but I'll try my best and post pictures. On top of the pulse light it seems to not be glued and you can push it down and it isn't level with the other side. Yep couldn't explain it at all. I know it's a small thing and all but I'm just paranoid since I paid 1300$ for this machine I would except the workman ship to be better right? And as I posted in another thread about the track pad problem. If I bring it in to the Apple store would they offer to fix it? Fix the track pad and glue the thing I'm trying to explain but I can't put it into words.

Oh and the lid isn't align when I closed the notebook. It is like it shifted to the right side but only a little bit. Some flaws.

Sorry if this was a useless post but I didn't know where else I could post this so yeah. My camera died so waiting for batteries to charge but the more I look at it. I guess I'm getting use to it now. So maybe this was a complete waste of a post.

But has anyone has experiences like this with their newly macbook?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 4gig,Mac OS X Maverick, Macbook Intel 2gig, iPhone 3G
I would not accept these problems. You are right, it can be expected to arrive in perfect condition. Ship it back and ask for a replacement, phone them first though

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz MacBook
Thanks for your response. I know these are minor flaws and when I try to take a picture of it; it barely shows up. Do you think I can just take it to the apple store since I don't want to shell out more money for shipping and inssurance but I have. No idea how to explain these flaws to them and the fact that my MacBook is no longer new its been a month old and the bottom is at scratched up would that be a problem?

Edit: I've been lurking/looking reading around this forum and I saw some post that apple will not fix a problem if it isn't common. Do any of you think that my problem is common enought for them to fix any advice would be very useful.

Reaction score
If you give them a call they should arrange for it to be picked up, or you could just take it to the Apple Store.
They will typically fix it or if it's too much hassle, give you a new machine.

When did you buy it? Do you have AppleCare? Where did you buy it from?

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz MacBook
i got it about a month ago and i bought it at the apple store online

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz MacBook
Okay don't think I'm suppose to start a new thread to continue so I'll continue here:

The trackpad problem seems to only happen when I'm in safari with tabbed windows. When I click on the "x" to close. Somehow the trackpad doesn't register it. And it doesn't close until I click on another tab to make sure trackpad is working then go back to click the "x" then it works. And some times when on other windows when I click "x" to close it; it doesn't close instead it minimize it and goes into the dock.

While I was googling I came to a place where they had said the alignment of the lids aren't always aligned. Can someone with a MacBook confirm this to me? Thanks a bunch.

And lastly I know how to explain it. Okay, the right side of the palm rest right on top of the pulse light. The palm rest isn't intact it isn't glued so it doesn't mirror the left side.

Okay, now that I can explain it more do you think the machine I have received just sucks.

I'm going to call Apple Care tomorrow and maybe bring it into the Apple Store next week since it might still be hectic with the new iPhones coming out.

But I don't want to be away from my one month old mac book. Surely I still have a computer to go on. But it's a PC and gosh do I dislike that thing.

I know I must sound like a pain in the a**. I hope I'm not a burden to this forum or when I call Apple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Oh and the lid isn't align when I closed the notebook. It is like it shifted to the right side but only a little bit. Some flaws.

Yeah I have noticed that on mine too.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.