DIY Ultimate Dock Station?

Reaction score
First lets start off with a Link to the Item in question..

http://www.cooldrives.com/exca3topcexe.html

Anyone used one of these with a macbook or mbp? I have emailed the co selling them and they say that it will work on any mac running OsX and a 34mm express slot. I'd really like to find a review or someone thats used/uses one to see what they thought of it. I was also told that using a mac, this box will support any 32bit PCI slot card that is mac compatible.

I'm thinking id like to use this, with a USB/Firewire card, 2x sata raid cards and a video card(nothin fancy) and put it in a nice little case for some Hdd's and make it a 1plug dock station kinda like the belkin express card dock
http://www.belkin.com/highspeeddock/ But using the one from cooldrives i could add sata controllers and my own drives..

Any info you guys could help me find would be wonderful, also any thoughts or ideas as to why with would or would not work?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
The belkin station says on the support page "The Belkin High Speed Dock will not work with a mac" on the support page.

OP
D
Reaction score
The belkin station says on the support page "The Belkin High Speed Dock will not work with a mac" on the support page.

this much I know...
That is part of the reason i want to build my own, but I'm trying to find some more info on cooldrives device, or someone that has worked with one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
Okay, I didn't know if you had seen that... I thought you were trying to decide between BYO and the Belkin dock.

OP
D
Reaction score
Ya i want to build my own, but I'm having a really hard time finding info on the cooldrive's pci expansion box

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.