"Unpartition" my Lacie Firewire harddrive

Reaction score
Dear all

I am going crazy here!
I have tried all that I could think of, but for some reason I can't get my Lacie 320GB harddrive unpartitioned.
I made a 2 disc partition recently, and now have 2x150GB, but i want to get rid of them and get all 320GB back on "one" disc.

Can anybody help me? I am running Mac OS X 10.4.11

Chris

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
use the disk utility application located in the application -> utilities folder. Select the full disk and then click on the partition button. Once that is done, change the current option from the drop down menu to 1 partition. Note you will lose everything on both partitions, so be sure to back up everything first.

OP
C
Reaction score
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
This is a complete stab in the dark here....

Try unchecking the option to "Install Mac OS 9 Disk Drivers". I'm not particularly familiar with that or OS 9, but being a relatively "antiquated" OS, perhaps it can't handle disks the full size of your drive, thus the way it shows as two?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
BTW... also try looking at that drive using iPartition. Perhaps it will be better suited to sorting this out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.