MacBook Pro issues.

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm thinking about buying the MacBook Pro 15'', and searched a bit around the internet. I did however found a lot of users complaining about all sorts of issues with these new machines, with the most recent versions having audio and backlight LED problems.
For the money I'd have to spend for a MacBook Pro, I'd like a machine that is near perfect, and isn't causing serious hardware problems.
What information dou you guys have about these problems, and should they keep me from buying a MacBook Pro, or maybe waiting for an update?
Any information is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Blogging about good deals on apple stuff. Come vi
Whether you buy new or refurb, they come with a one year warranty. If an issue creaps up, they take care of it.

My personal experience is with a refurb - I haven't had a lick of problems with it and I would highly recommend it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4g, 2GB, 200G, 15.4
I second what techound said above. Apple is usually pretty good on fixing the problem or just replacing the whole laptop in general. Also, my sister had the previous version of the Macbook and it was out of the return policy and they just replaced them, she calls and they sent her an updated on in 2 days and she didn't have to send hers back until her new one arrived :)

OP
S
Reaction score
Hi,
Thanks for the replies so far ;)

A good aftercare service for a product is a very good thing, but even if you can return your product 5 times without the company making problems, I'm actually not wanting to return it a lot of times, calling and driving here and there to eventually get the working product you payed for. There's always the possibility for a product malfunction, but what I need to know to decide buying is whether the product quality itself is more than OK (as its price tag marks), and that it is as good as Apple is telling.
Does the Apple MacBook Pro has the professional quality as they claim, or are the audio and backlight LED problems common to this product?
All information would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.8 GHZ/2GB/320GB/Leopard
you'll find people have issues with every product made. I have had extremly good luck with all my macs and I have had many. As long as it has warranty I would not worry. Apple replaced my macbook with a brand new one with way better specs after fed ex trashed mine after a minor warranty repair...LOL

Apple stands by their products and takes care of their customers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.