backlighting & warranty

Reaction score
Hi to all,

so here's my problem;
I'm a musician and about a month ago, a mic-stand fell on the back of my display, leaving a small dent and some scratches on the cover.
This being a real shame, everything else still worked perfectly, so I just thought I'd leave it the way it is, since its just an esthetic problem.
But yesterday, my keyboard-backlights quit working from the ',-l-p' keys on to the right.
Now I'm quite sure this has nothing to do with the mic-stand incident, because to my knowing, the crash would have damaged the display first, instead of the keyboard-lights.
Since I'm still under Apple Care, I would like to get the keys fixed asap, but I'm expecting them to tell me it's because of a human error, since the dent on the case is about in the same area...
Could someone give me any thoughts on what to do?
Did someone have a similar problem to mine? Is there a DIY fix to this?
Is it a known problem for the backlighting to fail?
Thnx in advance guys...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Since I'm still under Apple Care, I would like to get the keys fixed asap, but I'm expecting them to tell me it's because of a human error, since the dent on the case is about in the same area...
Could someone give me any thoughts on what to do?
... Is there a DIY fix to this?
Before you start tinkering with things yourself and looking for a DIY fix (and possibly cause more harm than good), just take it to Apple.
You'll never know what they'll say until you ask them.

OP
T
Reaction score
thanks D3v1L80Y

makes sense...
just thought I'd ask, you never know similar situations happened before to others...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.