No Copy/Paste in iPhone 2.0

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
The reviews of the new iPhone are starting to trickle out from Mosberg, Pogue & Baig and I think they all mention something along the lines of 'what was missing from the first iPhone is still missing' like copy/paste.

Now whilst I think it would be nice to have that feature, I just don't understand why so many people consider it a problem to not have this.

I don't think I can remember all the phones I've had before my iPhone - what I can remember is that I've used copy/paste one only one phone (a k800) and only about 2 times.

What is it that I am missing - why is this feature missed so much?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
I don't understand it either. It's at the bottom of my list of missing features, that's for sure. I've only had 2 WM smartphones, but they didn't have it either.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Well the point is that it's such a fundamental function and would be so easy to implement - so the question is, why is it not there. When you consider how this is being pushed to business users and productivity software is being lauded, there are clearly going to be times when it is useful. I do use it on my Blackberry fairly frequently.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I wouldn't use it very often but when I need it, it's hard to work around. Either I have to keep two web pages open which the iPhone has a trouble doing or I have to back and forth between Safari and Mail to memorize and type information.
It's such a simple feature that needs to be addressed.

They also need to find at least one flaw with the iPhone. ;)

OP
RNDdave
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
Ahh, so it's the blackberry users that miss copy/paste? :p

I think it would be a nice addition to have - but really not a big deal for me - this may be because it's a productivity tool and I'm not very productive :)

Of course I suppose I might be more productive if I had this tool - I wonder if I can blame Apple for affecting my productivity in my next company appraisal...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Ahh, so it's the blackberry users that miss copy/paste? :p

I think it would be a nice addition to have - but really not a big deal for me - this may be because it's a productivity tool and I'm not very productive :)

Of course I suppose I might be more productive if I had this tool - I wonder if I can blame Apple for affecting my productivity in my next company appraisal...

Nice - but all joking aside, it's just a very simple feature that's easy to pick on if you're that way inclined. You have to consider that Apple is actually going after Blackberry users. I implement new technology as part of my job, I am a project manager in a large bank, and I can tell you that the most basic functions that are overlooked, are often the ones that prevent user sign-off. It's a painful lesson to learn.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM
Coincidentally, the time when it's probably most useful is for links on forums. A LOT of people don't turn things into hyperlinks, for one reason or another, and when it's an especially long link, or if it's got a lot of numbers in it, it would get painful after awhile to have to enter it. Frankly it's the feature I want the most, partly because it'd be so easy to implement but mostly because it gets us one more step closer to being able to use the iPhone as a laptop. What'd be the REAL kicker is if they'd allow us to use an outboard Bluetooth keyboard. That'd be KILLER for class notes and the like.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.