has anyone purchased an ibook from amazon.com

O

osxuser

ibooks and powerbooks seem to be relatively cheap on amazon.com has anyone purchased them from there? It is safe?
thanks

OP
C

code777

from what i've read its fine but you HAVE to make sure you read the model #'s right. On some other forums people were ordering the older version book (1Ghz) by accident and were having a hard time exchanging them. Some people were saying it was a scam but I am guessing they did not double check which version they were ordering.

I know of one person in the office here who ordered a 12" iBook (latest version release) and he's still waiting on it to arrive. He ordered it about 3 weeks ago I think. But it seems like others get them within a day or so. I don't know??? Also the Mail In Rebate takes a while to get back (10 weeks).

Its a good value if you order it from Amazon! Just be patient i guess, but i'm sure others here will tell you their experiences...

OP
D

Desolate One

I'd say it's like ordering anything else from Amazon. Case in point, when I ordered my laptop bag it arrived in a day- huge box. A boxset of DVDs took almost a month- small box. Like code777 said, read the fine print and be patient.

OP
B

buckley

I bought my iBook at smalldog.com- I would check them ot before purchasing through Amazon. Smalldog has a smallish selection, but you can get great deals on older models. Also, because they are a smaller company, you will be able to speak with a human being if you run into problems (and you have a good chance of having your problems resolved without jumping through hoops).

OP
X

x-kid

i order my ibook saturday night. it shipped on monday and is suppose to get to me tomorrow which would be wednesday.

OP
C

crispeto

I ordered mine from amazon on Nov 4th but that was when they didn't have any in stock. I finally got it a little over a week ago. It's the 12 inch with wireless and a 1.2 processor. I love it. Once they got them in stock it took about 4 days to get it here. I notice they have 1-2 days shipping. They must have a bunch in stock now however it was posted today at techbargains and xpbargains so it's being advertised heavily. I also noticed it's their top seller for any type of computer (XP, Mac, desktop, or notebook) so they are very popular. Also, if you open and use their amazon visa card you get another $30 off so my final price was $819 after rebate. By the way, I LOVE this machine!

OP
C

code777

i asked my friend about his iBook and he said it just shipped this past monday so he should get it any day now. He said it was a 4 week wait. But maybe its different now.

OP
R

rawkus

i odered mine on 12/01/04. Was shipped on 12/03/04 from Texas. Going to go pick it up today 12/08/04.

OP
X

x-kid

well I recieved my ibook today. Amazon got it to me very quickly. I ordered it on Sat. 12/4. It shipped on Mon. 12/6 and arrived today Wed. 12/8. So I wouldn't worry about ordering from Amazon

OP
S

suhasG

I ordered my 12" iBook from Amazon on 03 Nov and got it on 23 Nov.

As said earlier double check part number as Amazon is selling both older and newer 12" iBook. Older 12" iBook part number starts as M94XXX and newer has number M96xxxx.

Amazon also sells through others like J&R and mail in rebate is not applicable for sale made through others. So check who is shipping your machine. As a chek, if you could get Super Saver shipping option then it is from Amazon for sure.

Amazon packs the machine very well.look how I got it:

1> Original beautiful Apple box. Same as would you get get if buying from Apple Store.
2> This box is then placed in another cardboard box used by Apple factory to ship it to Amazon order fulfilment warehouse (with lots of padding material).
3> This all then placed in one more cardboard box (typical Amazon)

Machines are always brand new, sparkling.
Amazon is pretty safe, honest and Clean. Close your eyes and buy from Amazon. I think they are now giving $100 Rebate still it is a good deal.

I have mailed my Mail In Rebate form and now waiting for those $150 to come (7-8 weeks from the day you post it)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.