bootcamp won't complete windows install

Reaction score
Installing Windows Pro Sp2 on MacBook Pro purchased today (July 7) with all OSX updates installed before beginning.

I got to the windows setup screen, it finished collecting information, performing the dynamic update, preparing installation, and installing windows. Right as it begins to remove temporary files the screen goes blank and the system reboots. The screen stays white, then I get a black screen with the cursor just blinking in the lefthand corner.

When I restart bootcamp, run recover windows, it goes all the way through the installation again and dies right as it deletes the temporary files.

If I reboot directly from the disk it give me the same behavior.

I'm returning this thing if I can't get windows xp pro sp2 on a separate partition.

Thanks,

Mary

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Tell us a little bit about the disc you're using. Is it an original installation disc or a burnt copy? Has it been used on another machine before? Is it an OEM edition or retail?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.