"Is it possible?" question

Reaction score
Since I use my Mac and this is the place where anything goes, I have a question.
I have a MBP. I also have an external hard drive from an old PC which I've partitioned and use for both my Mac and college PC. What I want to do is use the external hard drive to store computer programs (i.e. photoshop, autocad, parallels, etc.) to free up my internal hard drive of the MBP. Is it possible to run programs from my external hard drive on my MBP? I hope this makes since.
Thanks-b.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini
Yes, it's very possible... And very easy, just go to your Applications folder, move the .app file that you want to your folder on the external, and let it copy. Then if you want to keep that program in the dock, go back to the folder that you saved the .app in, run the .app, then when it displays it in dock, right-click(control+click) it and select "Keep in Dock."

Since you are using both Windows and Mac with it, I will assume that it's formatted in FAT32. Just if you decide to reformat, make sure you continue with FAT32.

OP
N
Reaction score
Sweet..this helps me out. Yes the one was formatted in FAT32. I have another one that I'm planning on using and will do the same. Now all I have to do is get the programs and I should be set. Thanks again!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.