is it better to play games on VMware running boot camp partition than boot camp?

Reaction score
the only thing i use windows for is to play games with so is it better to play games on VMware Fusion or just use boot camp to play games?

and also when you run the boot camp partition on vmware does it save stuff that you do in the boot camp partition or the mac partition? because if i accidently get a virus on windows i dont want to infect my mac with it and if i did get a virus i could just delete the partition right?

Reaction score
Most Windows games are best to run from Boot Camp.

Windows viruses won't damage your OS X partition. Nothing you do there short of somehow deleting the wrong partition will transfer over to your OS X partition.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini
the only thing i use windows for is to play games with so is it better to play games on VMware Fusion or just use boot camp to play games?

and also when you run the boot camp partition on vmware does it save stuff that you do in the boot camp partition or the mac partition? because if i accidently get a virus on windows i dont want to infect my mac with it and if i did get a virus i could just delete the partition right?

When playing games and trying to go for best performance, nothing is better than having a separate partition for Windows alone. That's just the way for the best performance. So, yes Boot Camp will work and is probably the best choice... VM means virtual machine and that would be using a virtual disk, just try to stay away from that method.

You cannot get viruses on OSX from Windows and you cannot get viruses on Windows from OSX. The main reason being that the OS's have different hard disk formats. Windows has NTFS and OSX has HFS+.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.