Power Mac G4 (Digital Audio) Issues

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm having some odd issues with a Power Mac G4 (Digital Audio) running 10.3.9 that may be Logic Board related. Various applications, whether launched via the Dock or Finder, fail to launch. I've tried multiple Panther installation discs, as well as modifying the Startup Disk preferences to load the installation discs (which the operation system clearly recognizes). Launching the 'Install Mac OS X' from within Finder on the CD volume fails to work as well.

What happens is any time the system attempts to boot from the installation CD for maintenance on the firmware level, it just drags on. Twenty minutes had elapsed and the kernel was still loading, which obviously is an inordinate amount of time.

I'm wondering if I can replace the Logic Board on the G4 and swap the existing processor onto the replacement Logic Board (which presumably wouldn't have the processor soldered on).

Any ideas or advice would be great, thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53 Intel Core Duo Mac Mini; 4g RAM; 350g HD, OS 10.6.3
have you added RAM recently? some of that sounds like bad RAM. just a thought....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Have you got a copy of Apple Hardware Test to run over the machine and check out the logic board, media and installed memory?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53 Intel Core Duo Mac Mini; 4g RAM; 350g HD, OS 10.6.3
theres a bunch of info here for your model. i have the same one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.