Enabling disk use on Touch to use senuti...

Reaction score
I just downloaded and installed Senuti 0.50.1 and am trying to get music off of my iPod Touch and
onto iTunes on my new Mac.

I followed all of the instrucations carefully, holding down the command and option keys as I
plugged in the iPod. I then let go of them once the iPod appeared. Once in the iPod menu within
iTunes, I clicked on the "Summary" tab, scrolled down, but could not find an "Enable Disk Use"
option. In all of the screen shots I've seen, it shows an "Enable Disk Use" option with their iPod
settings, but not with my Touch!!!

I figure this can't be a problem with Senuti, but perhaps more with the iPod or iTunes. I can't even
test Senuti if I can't enable disk use!

Any tips or advice?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 Black MacBooks
I can't even get my touch to show up when i use senuti!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Make sure you're using the latest beta http://www.fadingred.org/senuti/ it's part way down the page 0.50.2b7

If you have an ipod touch ignore the part about disk use enabling.
Make sure itunes isn't set to start when an ipod is connected, then close it down fully.
Just start Senuti run through the intial wizard until the app starts properly and a message in the middle of the app window says "insert an ipod to get started". Just plug your touch in and it will show you it's contents almost instantly.

OP
O
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip mrplow. I tried the beta, and you were right, the Touch showed up instantly.

However, once I actually highlighted all of my songs and clicked "transfer," every song came up with an error message saying "this song cannot be copied, etc"

So now Senuti won't transfer my music...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.