• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Fell EXTREMLY MAD I HATE WINDOWS PEOPLE

Reaction score
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: WHY WHY WHY. SEE on notebookforums.com I posted a review of my powerbook g4 how it was superior to a windows pc in many ways and how there was some drawbacks too. Man people there are so mean. I said man osx is lightyears away from windows and I got like 42 people bashing me and telling me how mac sux's. I was like Hey while ur searching for viruses I will be discovering new beatuies AND FEATURES OF THE MAC OSX operating system. And they told me how slow my powerbook g4 is and I told them its not that slow around 2.4 and in some cases when rendering it can be as fast as a 3ghz pentium 4 toshiba as apple benchmarked. I just fell so upset why would someone put me down for liking something differnet. All my fireinds think that im so lucky to have a mac but people on notebookforums says im so stupid. :bandage:

D

Desolate One

I know wot you mean man. People can be stupid like that. A lot of my friends, family members as well, gave me a look of disgust when I told them I got an Apple. Don't worry about it though. Like you said, they'll be downloading fixes for virii and worms while we're able to do more productive things. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Post a link to Norton and point out the indefensible nature of the registry, and that the speed of a PC is wasted in part running scanners we don't need unless we network to windows systems

L

Lasha

Stupid people who aren't willing to try something **** new. **** *******S! I AM COUNTING DOWN TILL THE DAY I HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO BUY MY DREAM POWERBOOK! TO ESCAPE FROM THE HORROR!!!

OP
S
Reaction score
all of u guys are the best. Im so happy to be part of apple.. I fell so special and unlike on notebook forums u guys dont bash me becuase im differnet u guys are very understanding and thank to u i fell much better peace out :cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
most windows users are idiots to begin with, further expressed in the fact they are even using windows and 'settling'. they have settled for so long, many are bitter and close minded to the fact that their craptastic boxes could be inferior to anything else. especially notebook users thinking windows supporting boxes like dells and compaq paved the road for the notebook of today when it is truly apple and the powerbook/ibook.
@ Desolate One:
Theres no such word as virii, its viruses. •_<

C

code777

Macman said:
most windows users are idiots to begin with..._<

:p

funny! at work people who are into computers scoff at me for using an Apple. They say, "why be different?" or "i'm not one of those people who is bitter about M$ and go out of my way to use something different that probably doesn't work and costs more money, doesn't make sense to me!"

argh! some people! Don't let those guys on that forum get to you! You can't change people's ideas, etc... hey just stick around here! we're all family and well we're all open minded even with peecees! i mean come on, its just a computer!!!!

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
appleman said:
i cant stand people like that. they get on my nerves
I can't stand Mac users. They get on my nerves.

They defend the Mac like it is the Lord. They think Windows or Microsoft is the devil, and bash them constantly. They go as far as starting fist fights over which is the better OS (I've seen it happen...) People get Apple tattoos and posters and bumper stickers and make the Mac a part of their life... its insanity.
Its a computer, try not to fall in love with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I think that may be the root of your problems zero, lol, its not just a computer, lol, its a mac:mac:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
Sexyboy said:
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: WHY WHY WHY. SEE on notebookforums.com I posted a review of my powerbook g4 how it was superior to a windows pc in many ways and how there was some drawbacks too. Man people there are so mean. I said man osx is lightyears away from windows and I got like 42 people bashing me and telling me how mac sux's. I was like Hey while ur searching for viruses I will be discovering new beatuies AND FEATURES OF THE MAC OSX operating system. And they told me how slow my powerbook g4 is and I told them its not that slow around 2.4 and in some cases when rendering it can be as fast as a 3ghz pentium 4 toshiba as apple benchmarked. I just fell so upset why would someone put me down for liking something differnet. All my fireinds think that im so lucky to have a mac but people on notebookforums says im so stupid. :bandage:

Right now, i wish i got pictures of my smashed PowerBook 17 with shattered DVD-R! After it flew 23 flights... How about picts of the inner PC and all the cables thats around it?

Don't ya just love all the messy cables everywhere? Forget Cable ties, there's simply too many cables running backwards and forwards, anyway most people never see them.

attachment.php

I counted 18 power cables last time looked...
attachment.php

attachment.php

Meow
attachment.php

And Here's me installing Yellow Dog Linux Release 4 on my PowerBook as I WIPE out the remains of Mac OSX!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Bye OSX....
Yup it's gone! :D

DSC01234.JPG

DSC01259.JPG

DSC01219.jpg

DSC01210.jpg

DSC01209.jpg

DSC01208.jpg

DSC01222.jpg

Attachments

• DSC01256.JPG
    DSC01256.JPG
    146.8 KB · Views: 207
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
Macman said:
I think that may be the root of your problems zero, lol, its not just a computer, lol, its a mac:mac:
Your right, its not just a computer.

Its an incredibly crappy computer.

OP
S
Reaction score
Absolute Zero said:
I can't stand Mac users. They get on my nerves.

They defend the Mac like it is the Lord. They think Windows or Microsoft is the devil, and bash them constantly. They go as far as starting fist fights over which is the better OS (I've seen it happen...) People get Apple tattoos and posters and bumper stickers and make the Mac a part of their life... its insanity.
Its a computer, try not to fall in love with it.
why would u hate mac? What has it done to u? I love mac more than anything even though I have a pc which I only use for gaming. I use my mac for evereything else.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.
Hey Guys,
Everyone is different, some have to use windows for work, those of us who can choose to use Macs are just plain lucky.
Just help them out when possible, they'll soon see that you don't have to spend all your time updating & running virus checkers, ad-ware & spybot etc.
More are realising what they are missing and are switching over, so just smile.
Take Care

D

danger_boy_13

One word-ignorance. If they were real computer geeks, they would be like "wow, unix base, awesome". The problem is, they think they know a lot about computers but they don't know crap because they are ignorant to the benefits of Mac. I just switched two weeks ago, and I see the benefits all the time (and I am a computer technician at a college where we only have about 25 Macs on campus). I still use my PC for things such as gaming and some heavy 3D development work, but thats because I have a PowerBook and a lot of software for that stuff for my PC. If I had a PowerPC and the software for that, I would do all my development on a Mac. It all just comes down to closed-minded ignorance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sexyboy said:
why would u hate mac? What has it done to u? I love mac more than anything even though I have a pc which I only use for gaming. I use my mac for evereything else.
What has it done to me? Well, lets see.

I had 3 hard drive failures and 1 logic board failure in the month of May. This has caused tons of downtime, homework to be passed in late, and assignments to be rushed. I use PCs at school, and in my day to day life, but at home I have always used Macs. I like the PCs better, they have never let me down.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
Absolute Zero said:
Your right, its not just a computer.

Its an incredibly crappy computer.

Yep.. completely. At least when you drop a PC you can get replacement parts that don't cost you an arm and a leg. And you can forget Apple Care, they don't cover accidents. It's for badly or faulty manufactured parts only. Like when your system fails to wake up and dies.

Oh like how many G4's used to blow up? because Apple used cheap components, trying to cut cost.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.