• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Fell EXTREMLY MAD I HATE WINDOWS PEOPLE

S

Sp4rk3

Hey,

Well, I was going to post a reply to Hype.it, mostly having to do with the fact that if he's switched back and is pretty much just Mac Bashing, he should take a hike. But it seems like he's banned so....

Anways, I just want to say one thing, I have been a PC user my whole life, and personally, although I know they're better for gaming and such, I find that although I've only used a Mac very few times, I enjoy the overall computer experience more than the PC.

But, the one thing that I'm beginning to hate is people who seem to dislike Macs for very simple and easily fixed things that apparently cannot be fixed with all of their computing knowledge. I've seen many people on this forum with many differing ideas on the same subject and they all seem to just say that their way is better. And although I believe that that is true in other aspects of humanity, (religion for example), but with something as simple and not exactly life altering choices as computers and OS's this isn't the case. And when you find the need to put a "it suxs", (horrible grammer by the way, at least when you're insulting something, please use actual english, or whatever else you type), or "I finally switched, BACK!" then all you're doing is making yourself and your computer system look bad.

Not only that, but if you hate Macs so much, don't put an apple logo on your screen name.

-Sparks

(Also, I've noticed that if you're going to say that apples aren't the majority, Chinese are, you're being extremely childish and cowardly when you won't take a statement like that head on)

If you have any differing viewpoints, be happy to read them. Everything in this post is my idea of how things should be, and, (based on what I've seens so far), you probably will have a differing one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
For the record, I know hype.it by phone chat and quite well though we have never met. All his Mac bashing was supposed to be sarcastic. He is very happy with his Macs

S

Sp4rk3

Oh....haha, lol, then I apoligize for that. But on a related note, most of my hostility was not directed twards Hype.it, it was more so directed to the people who Mac bash at my school, quite often, and usualy I find myself the brunt of many a joke. So I am sorry if I may have jumped the gun.

-Sparks

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
And when you find the need to put a "it suxs", (horrible grammer by the way, at least when you're insulting something, please use actual english, or whatever else you type)
It sucks wouldn't fit. >:

But this is my last post here. I bid you all farewell, until I decide I must come back for round 3...

Good-[censored, of course]-bye.

?

)(*

the world is a big place. A place so large that at times, we consider it small.

I use mac and windows. but for my day, after fixing the problems of windows all day. i can come home and sit down to a nice powerbook that doesnt have problems.

oh thank god!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)
Heh, I do the same thing. I work with only PCs at work (running Windows), so when I come home, I want something that just works. My PowerBook does that for me.

I have to admit, I do get some interesting looks when I'm sitting in the cafeteria at work, and I pull out my PowerBook (I work for Intel).

My computer world has now split into two. PCs are my livelyhood...they keep breaking, and I keep fixing them. Mac's/Unix are my passion...they keep me interested in computing.

)(* said:
the world is a big place. A place so large that at times, we consider it small.

I use mac and windows. but for my day, after fixing the problems of windows all day. i can come home and sit down to a nice powerbook that doesnt have problems.

oh thank god!

W

wiz561

Well, I think whatever computer you have, there's always going to be people bashing it. Here's what I see a lot of.

I use to be a windows user. I loved it. Everybody from the linux community always bashed me for using windows and said that it was unstable, not secure, and everything you can possibly think of. If you set it up and admin it correctly, it works fine.

Now that I am a mac person, it seems like a lot of people do not bash me anymore and seem like they are interested in it. Granted, a ton of people that are die hard windows are shocked that I changed over and can't believe it.

But in the end, I think that the apple community has always pretty much took people under their wings and have helped them instead of bashing them. So, that's what I do now. When people make disgusting faces at me for using a pb, I try to show them how nice it is and all the positive aspects of it. I think that's the best way to go around the whole religious debate about os and hardware...

T

The mac 13

Sexyboy said:
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: WHY WHY WHY. SEE on notebookforums.com I posted a review of my powerbook g4 how it was superior to a windows pc in many ways and how there was some drawbacks too. Man people there are so mean. I said man osx is lightyears away from windows and I got like 42 people bashing me and telling me how mac sux's. I was like Hey while ur searching for viruses I will be discovering new beatuies AND FEATURES OF THE MAC OSX operating system. And they told me how slow my powerbook g4 is and I told them its not that slow around 2.4 and in some cases when rendering it can be as fast as a 3ghz pentium 4 toshiba as apple benchmarked. I just fell so upset why would someone put me down for liking something differnet. All my fireinds think that im so lucky to have a mac but people on notebookforums says im so stupid. :bandage:

i think that its fair. mac ppl dissing windows. windows ppl dissing mac ppl.

T

The mac 13

Absolute Zero said:
I can't stand Mac users. They get on my nerves.

They defend the Mac like it is the Lord. They think Windows or Microsoft is the devil, and bash them constantly. They go as far as starting fist fights over which is the better OS (I've seen it happen...) People get Apple tattoos and posters and bumper stickers and make the Mac a part of their life... its insanity.
Its a computer, try not to fall in love with it.

agreed. macs have their flaws. even its light years from windows. i think that some people will agree on this. there are some apps that work better in windows than on macs and some apps for macs that work better than windows. even if i switch, i wont say "switch" i will say experience. i will still need my pc for my freelance business.

T

The mac 13

schweb said:
I think alot of people need to just calm down. People will use whichever OS they like and find the most useful for them. They all have their ups and downs. No one is stupid or an idiot because of what they choose.

Now I will say that there are definitely more computer illiterate Windows users than Mac users, but that could very well just be because they have a higher market share, not just because it's Windows.

People in this forum choose to use Macs, hence Mac-Forums so of course there will be more Mac-love floating around than any warm feelings for MS. If that bothers some people, then this might not be the best board for them.

And for those of you who think Windows sucks no matter what, you also need a reality check...it doesn't.

wow. ma man schweb is so nice and peaceful!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.