• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Fell EXTREMLY MAD I HATE WINDOWS PEOPLE

Reaction score
danger_boy_13 said:
One word-ignorance. If they were real computer geeks, they would be like "wow, unix base, awesome". The problem is, they think they know a lot about computers but they don't know crap because they are ignorant to the benefits of Mac. I just switched two weeks ago, and I see the benefits all the time (and I am a computer technician at a college where we only have about 25 Macs on campus). I still use my PC for things such as gaming and some heavy 3D development work, but thats because I have a PowerBook and a lot of software for that stuff for my PC. If I had a PowerPC and the software for that, I would do all my development on a Mac. It all just comes down to closed-minded ignorance.

Wow, no matter how you say it, it is still an opinion, you can call them stupid, ignorant, naive, whatever, it still doesn't change the fact that people are different. People can see the same issue different ways, there doesn't have to be one right answer. It is just like arguing over whether abortion should be legal or whether affirmative action is good policy. There are people on both sides of both of those arguments that believe there is no conceivable way anyone could think differently than they do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
Sexyboy said:
why would u hate mac? What has it done to u? I love mac more than anything even though I have a pc which I only use for gaming. I use my mac for evereything else.

Erm.. personally i don't hate Apple Computer, Inc. they have great designers with talent working for them... i mean there isn't another company out there that isn't scared to come up with revolutionary products such as the Newton, iPod, Cube, PowerBook without fearing what if it fails... It's called good market research.

What I hate are those people who switch from a PC background, know nothing about the system and it's hardware operation processes. Switchers, used the Mac for less than a year and think its great!

And not too long ago i bet you were dissin' the Mac, saying other crap like

Oh the Mac OS is so different... How can i learn how to use it?

Well.. *** are you using now? Then they U turn and say

i live the Mac, now i hate PC's

Erm... ***?

like 'a PC crashes every 2 seconds.' and 'there's enough viruses for each day of the week'

Guess what!

To date i've never had any of those problems. I'm guessing, you must be getting viruses and Trojans from your email, because your going around clicking on every attachment that arrives with your email. Personally, if your one of those people then you deserve everything that comes to you. Everything!!

Then you have the type that said their PC crashes when they go online... they have a degree in I.T but know nothing about setting up a system, or firewalls or a network proxy.

Yeah i like my PC's, it's equal to my Mac. It's cheaper to upgrade and everything's compatible and the OS is just as stable but then again it's free!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
try being vegan and liking/using macs at a strictly business school

people try to have a field day bashing me....they always end up feeling dumb
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
I'm a vegetarian

*chews on bamboo leaf*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.4Ghz, 4GB ram, 160Gig hd, superdrive
This reminds me when my dad gave me $2K to build a pc.. i had to purchase parts off of newegg.com... well at that time it was a spanking fast pc.. but now after 3 years it seems like its just a piece of junk.. i just recently upgraded the hd (i had a 120gig first, but my comp. crashed big time just cuz of SP2... so i bought another 200gig hd that was on sale for $99.00)... since i bought a my powerbook, i never ever want to upgrade my pc any more.. it just seems like a waste of money, i mean i work and all but i have to pay a leg and a arm just to get a really good video card.. i still use my pc but only for games like Counter-Strike, god i love that game,... but i use my mac for everything else...

Aznboi

Reaction score
Aznboi said:
i had a 120gig first, but my comp. crashed big time just cuz of SP2... so i bought another 200gig hd that was on sale for $99.00)

Windows XP caused a HD failure which rendered the hard drive useless, so you had to buy a new one? Wow.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
most HD's that fail can be recovered. You need to goto the manufacture's website and download the feature tools and low level formatter. And in some cases flash the firmware in them.

The feature tool is really handy, you can actually make a noisy drive quiet! But non of this software will work on a Mac. So if the drive *dies* your in trouble.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Why you think there are people out there who's willing to spend good money on your failed drives? To you it's a piece of junk, to them it's profit! Call me if your new drive fails.

If i was in the business, i'll be willing to part with money, provided it's not been dropped from 23 flights or subjected to shocks exceeding 20G's!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
There is no opinion about the open registry allowing what amounts to root access permissions to any and all worms that can use that to counter firewalls, virus scan and - well any software It's clearly the most daft OS on Earth! :alien:

Reaction score
witeshark said:
There is no opinion about the open registry

I am going to say that there must be, you say it is completely vulnerable, but you can be logged on as a 'User' instead of an 'Administrator' which will block all editing of the registry. Even when logged in as administrator, the registry never edits itself, it requires some user intervention, if you click yes to something that you really didn't want, you can't blame the OS for that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
mynameis said:
Even when logged in as administrator, the registry never edits itself, it requires some user intervention, if you click yes to something that you really didn't want, you can't blame the OS for that.
Yes you can. Worms operate on the registry without user prompts!! YO! This is not new! Why do you think service pack 2 failed?

Reaction score
witeshark said:
Yes you can. Worms operate on the registry without user prompts!! YO! This is not new! Why do you think service pack 2 failed?

Name one? and Failed how?

Regardless it doesn't matter, count that as one negative for the Windows side if you can't get over the fact that there is an easy way to protect it. People still use Windows, they prefer windows, they are willing to deal with the negatives because of the positives, that is a choice they made. You aren't going to be able to derive some intricate formula that proves one is better than the other, it isn't possible.

Just because you use/like Windows or the x86 platform doesn't mean you have to hate Apple and the reverse is also true, just because you like Apple doesn't mean you have to hate Windows or the x86 platform.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Read the Norton website and view the daily new worm edits to the registry, plead ignorance and **** off. It could NOT be more clear! x86 is fine, OS with Linux (I have one) or BSD :alien:

Reaction score
If they are so common you should have no problem finding a link to one such description from Norton's site. I have no problem being ignorant to the fact that there are worms going around, if they don't affect me, then why should I care?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
Fanboys and more fanboys........

(both windows & mac, and now even linux)

you ppl sound like ur salespeople competing to convince a huge company manager to install a particular OS

:alien:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Strider said:

you ppl sound like ur salespeople competing to convince a huge company manager to install a particular OS

Strider! How ignorant~ What part of registry *edited by every virus/worm* is getting past your PC skillz? :alien:

Reaction score
I really wasn't trying to argue to say Windows is better, I was really just trying to convey was that you aren't ever going to be able to please everybody. No matter how much you personally believe your opinion is the one correct answer, it is still an opinion and people are going to disagree with you on it, don't get upset about it. People are different, just because they don't share the same ideas as you doesn't make them stupid. I guess I came off sounding one sided because I wanted to clarify some points that, I believe, weren't well stated or I wanted clarification on something vague that was said.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Strider said:

What OS?

*Installs Solaris*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I think alot of people need to just calm down. People will use whichever OS they like and find the most useful for them. They all have their ups and downs. No one is stupid or an idiot because of what they choose.

Now I will say that there are definitely more computer illiterate Windows users than Mac users, but that could very well just be because they have a higher market share, not just because it's Windows.

People in this forum choose to use Macs, hence Mac-Forums so of course there will be more Mac-love floating around than any warm feelings for MS. If that bothers some people, then this might not be the best board for them.

And for those of you who think Windows sucks no matter what, you also need a reality check...it doesn't.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.