Change in garageband on MacBookPro?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 2.2 GHz intel Core 2 Due, 2 GB RAM
hi,
I have just upgraded from a powerbook g4 to a mac book pro, i used to be able to play and record my guitar using the line in without any problems.
However with the macbookpro there is now a lag that builds up after a few seconds. I cant understand this as the macbookpro has much better specifications, the only thing i can think of is that its the new garageband software??
This lag only appears for the amp simulation setting and makes playing and recording impossible. The buffer in preferences is set to best live performance and even when i have only GB open and only one track, there is still a delay of a second or two. is there any way around this, or should i try and get back my powerbook?? :( please help!!

Reaction score
Man, I have the exact same problem. I stopped recording music because I just can't anymore. Garageband is almost useless because of this. I've been trying to solve it for almost a year now but I never came up with anything.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.