Ejecting a disc

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple lle 64 kb RAM
My MBP won't eject a disc I inserted, the disc never even appeared on my desktop and everytime I hit the eject button nothing happens, even the little eject icon doesn't appear, what can I do to get this disc out?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro, iPhone 5
try calling apple... Might be able to help. Their phone # is 1800MYAPPLE

Hope this helps!!!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
My MBP won't eject a disc I inserted, the disc never even appeared on my desktop and everytime I hit the eject button nothing happens, even the little eject icon doesn't appear, what can I do to get this disc out?

Start with the computer turned off. Press and hold the trackpad mouse button until the disc ejects. That should do it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
Start with the computer turned off. Press and hold the trackpad mouse button until the disc ejects. That should do it.
just to clarify cwa's post...

Start the computer from it being turned off while holding the mouse trackpad button...

That should do it...

T

todd51

Is it possible to drag the icon into the trash, this should eject it.

Make sure your holding down the eject button on the keyboard long enough. A simple tap and it won't respond, it thinks that you just accidentally hit the key.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.