iPhone to iMac Music Transfer, Am I Missing Something???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 3.06GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8800GS 512MB
just got my new iMac through today and im having serious trouble getting my music from my old PC onto my new iMac...i tried to set up a wireless home network, vista didnt like that, tried to connect the two with an ethernet cable, vista didnt like that, now ive decided vista's pretty much just trying to make life hard for me so i thought the simplest thing to do would just be to transfer all music from my iPhone to my iMac, but i cant find a decent program thats free, anyone able to help me???

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 3.06GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8800GS 512MB
theres gotta be someone with some idea out there

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro, iPhone 5
so your saying you can't use iTunes. With my old PC we used iTunes and put all our songs from the PC to the mac with an iPod. If it is really bad and you can't do it, you may want to buy a flash drive (about 20.00) and take songs from the PC to Mac. Or depending how large your music library is, you could use blank DVDs and burn from the PC to the Mac.

Hope this helps...

T

Reaction score
iPhone files to your Mac? I'm afraid, you can't do it straight away (without knowledge of hidden folders and files tweeking). There are a bunch of third party apps in the net for that job. Google "ipod music transfer to computer" or experiment with different terms.

Good luck!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 13.3" || iMac 20" 2.16 GHz C2D, 250 GB HD, 2 GB RAM, || 32GB i-Phone 4 || 32GB AT&T 3G iPad
Maybe you can try transferring your music files using the external drive routes. If you don't have one yet, external drives are fairly reasonable in price these days. Plus when your done with your transfer, you can always use the external to perform your backups.

Reaction score
I use TouchCopy, it isn't free but is very good.

Although there is no reason an Ethernet cable shouldn't do the job - what do you mean when you say "vista didn't like that?" - vista is normally quite good with networking.

Reaction score
i realize i'm kinda late in replying on this
but there's this software called senuti (spell it backwards and see what you get :p)
Senuti - Download
you only get a 30 day free trial but it only takes 30 min-ish to transfer your music and then you don't really need it anymore :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.