iMac and PC together at last!!

P

psychotoe

Ok so here is what I am looking to do. I have the new 20"iMac. What I want to do is hook up my pc to it just the box and key board and moouse to use on one monitor but switch between the mac and the pc. I hope that makes sence, can this be done?

OP
V

vuschejan

psychotoe said:
Ok so here is what I am looking to do. I have the new 20"iMac. What I want to do is hook up my pc to it just the box and key board and moouse to use on one monitor but switch between the mac and the pc. I hope that makes sence, can this be done?

There are devices out there that allow you to use the same monitor/keyboard/mouse and switch computers by pressing certain buttons, I forgot what they were called, but it can be done

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
KMV switches, I think. If you go to Belkin's site, you'll find some, I hear they make good ones.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
Please do not buy a Belkin KVM switch to use between a PC and Mac. I went through 4 of them and all I got out of the tech support was "Well maybe you need to use them only on PC to PC switches, we don't fully support PC to Mac, but we'll let you RMA the device to see if a new one will work".

I found a KVM from IOGEAR that has the same features but it actually works 100% of the time.

Here is the one I got, no software to install (unlike Belkin) and it lets you use your Apple Keyboard and assign it to a Windows machine so Apple button becomes the Windows button, F14, F15 and F16 act as Print Screen, Scroll Lock and Pause/Break just as they would if you were using a Windows keyboard. And the great thing is, it is the same price as the Belkin one.

Here it is: IOGEAR KVM Switch

Sorry, just had way too many bad experiences with Belkin to let someone else go through what I did.

:spook:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.