My first attempt at Illustrator.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2.16gz, 2gb RAM || 20" iMac, 2.4gz, 2gb RAM
Hey all,
So im subscribed to Lynda.com through my company and I was watching the creative inspiration video's by a guy called Simone Legno, one of the main men at 'tokidoki'

Anyway, long story short, I was actually inspired to try out Illustrator; not only that, but I bought a book :O

Over 1100 pages of Illustrator CS3 Bible goodness :p

Well anyway, here's what I made.. Please C&C.

Work In Progress (Face needs work, as do shoes)

illustrator.png

Reaction score
Looks good to me, but i'm no expert. What book did you get? I am thinking of getting a book for illustrator but am unsure at the moment. Would the book be good for a beginner who has absolutely no previous knowledge of illustrator?? Thanks.

OP
Lewwy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...d_t=101&pf_rd_p=139042391&pf_rd_i=468294?tag=

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Illustrator..._1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1215466324&sr=1-1?tag=

I was looking at the first one, but decided to get the latter because it seems more informative an obviously has a load more information.

Did look at the Adobe Classroom one in borders and it looked well printed, and very glossy / colourful, but there didnt seem to be much in the book.

And yea, im happy with the result.. I dont know if youve ever tried drawing with the pen tool? If not go into photoshop and give it a bash.. Its rediculous!

But when you work out what its doing, and why its doing it, you sort of anticipate what to do next, at least I think I did.

Cheers for the comment.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP w/Intel Core 2 Duo w/Lion, MBA w/Lion, 80GB iPod Video, 32GB iPhone 4, Two 32GB iPads
Looks good to me. I've only worked with illustrator a few times.. I'll have to attach what I've finished later.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP w/Intel Core 2 Duo w/Lion, MBA w/Lion, 80GB iPod Video, 32GB iPhone 4, Two 32GB iPads
Looks good to me. I've only worked with illustrator a few times.. I'll have to attach what I've finished later.

Hey there... Here's what I made (and actually liked)..

iPod.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Alu 13.3 Inch , 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 duo , 2.2gb 667 DDR2 SDRAM & Ipod Touch 16gb
Shadow seems a tad solid. Other than that. Very nice.

Reaction score
looks good. Keep up the good work. This is the most recent one of my illustrations requested by a client to use for posters and banners. Vector art was required so it could be scaled as needed. Normally this is pushing illustrator to its limits (others would argue) and not necessary for every day "real world" illustration work but it does show you what is possible.
Keep it up!
Mustang1_Scaled.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook--2.4ghz--4gb RAM--250gb HD__iPod Touch 8gb
wow...guitaralot920

thats amazing...im assuming you are a freelance graphic designer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
that is what i am going to school for now.... that is awesome.. i changed my major yesterday from architecture after a year in...lol

OP
Lewwy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I literally had only opened it once or twice before, not really used it as I didnt really understand why I should instead of Photoshop (which I use everyday in my job as a web/graphic designer).

But it really is a whole different program, they are both great.

So zero experience, and a bit of patience :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.