Mouse drag issue

Reaction score
Hi

New to Mac so bear with me...

I have a wireless mouse and basically when I'm moving my mouse forwards the window that is open (Safari browser, Mail etc) goes to the top of the monitor each time! Very annoying:Not-Amused: . I then have to click the window, which is just visible, to get it back
Could someone please help me out? How do you turn off this function?

Thanks

Mike

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz white macbook, 8GB iPod touch
I think you're talking about the expose function?
Like when you move your mouse (be it wireless, wired, or trackpad) to a certain corner of the screen, you can see all the windows that is open at a glance. Then to get the window you want in full view, you have to click on it.

This isn't a problem with your mouse, it's a very good function that Mac has over PC. :p
Anyways, to turn it off you would go to
System Preferences -> Expose & Spaces -> Expose -> Active Screen Corners
You can turn it off or set it to whatever you want.
It's actually a very convenient function once you get used to it.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks for that. I'm sure its a useful function but everytime I tried moving the cursor towards say the menu bars at the top of screen it inadvertently got rid of the window...this just kept on happening every time! If there is a way of doing this only when you want to, then I might consider using it.

Cheers!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.