My only disappointment

C

crispeto

I absolutely love my new ibook. The one thing that's a little disappointing is viewing pictures. With WinXP I just insert my media into the card reader and I can view a slideshow of my pics directly from the card reader. When I'm done, I just pop it out and that's it. With iphoto I have to actually import the pics on the hard drive to run a slideshow. Is there a program that will let me run my slideshow from a card reader or cd without having to install all the pics?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
are you worried about hard drive space?
i have over 3,000 pictures from my camera alone (not including walpapers, and funny pictures from my many other forums) and it is less than 3 gigs of disk space
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I know - the way OS X handles photo media is less than optimal IMO.

I also miss features like explorers photo preview and instant slideshow.... The one's iPhoto makes are better, but not as easy to access...

Not sure how to solve this issue though...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" 2.26 GHz MBP, 2GB RAM, 640GB HD
Agreed...

that's one thing XP does a bit better. However, if you adjust folder options you can see the thumbnails of the image. I can't remember exactly what i did but i do have that capability on. Don't know if it'll work with an external card reader but i think it should.

OP
C

crispeto

Maybe I'll try making the adjustment. I guess I'm not that worried about space. I just wanted it for the convenience. If this is the worst thing about the ibook - I can certainly live with it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.