Garageband Porblem - Crackles and Pops

Reaction score
Hi,

I am using a zoom g2.1u usb interface to go into my macbook. It gets recorded into garageband.

Everything works fine for about a minute or two. Then over the speakers comes these strange crackles and pops, sometimes with added latency...

Whats the problem? What can I do about it? And does anyone else have this problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4, 17 inch intel imac
This seems to be a problem with GB and usb interface. I get the same with my mixer and I have to save and restart every time. I have searched and search and yet to find an explanation.

If you find an answer please post back

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
What instrument are you using to record with?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53 Intel Core Duo Mac Mini; 4g RAM; 350g HD, OS 10.6.3
i run into the same problem, especially during playback after recording. but when i export to itunes, the pops arent there. maybe i need to clean my playhead (joke).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2ghz Leopard
I dont know if its the same thing or not but when i am playing through a garageband file with a pretty big file size it lags up sometimes and makes some weird noises, maybe during recording its lagging up or something

OP
S
Reaction score
Hey, Thanks people.

Nah I dont think its the filesize it does it on the very first track I make

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.