'Open box' whatzat mean sales lingo???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.93GHz Quad-core Intel Xeon processor RuningSnoLeopard v 10.6.4 DDRe
I have a new G5, got at PC/Mac! I love it! As a member of NAPP (Nat'l Association of Photoshop Professionals I recieved a dicsount from PC/MAC MALL, but I could only afford a "open box" 1.6GHz, which i promptly upgraded the 256mb RAM to 1.25 Gb, But what's 'open box', anyway?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
most likely, someone purchased it, walked out of the storee, realized they didnt want it once they got home and opened it, and returned it.

D

Desolate One

Or it could have been a floor/display model. Either way "open box" items have already been opened for you. ;)

Reaction score
Like if someone wants to open the box up to see whats inside. They just take it out look at it and put it back in.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Macman said:
most likely, someone purchased it, walked out of the storee, realized they didnt want it once they got home and opened it, and returned it.

As Macman stated, that is what open box means.

C

code777

hopfully warranty is intact. i remember buying a Nikon cam at Best Buy and I didn't like it and wanted a better one and two weeks later I saw what i returned with a sticker saying "open box". I used it for a week but that was it. I exchanged it. it was strange seeing it back on display as open box. I know it was mine because on the box the sales girl wrote my last name on it and i guess they just left it on there.

OP
ajresovsky
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.93GHz Quad-core Intel Xeon processor RuningSnoLeopard v 10.6.4 DDRe
code777 said:
hbut that was it. I exchanged it. it was strange seeing it back on display as open box. I know it was mine because on the box the sales girl wrote my last name on it and i guess they just left it on there.
Ah , ha....now it becomming clear[ I think...] couldn't figure out why it had
Panther, Tunes, Talk, Photo, Office... all this software and I didn't load
it....'cause it has some minor schitt if I were paying top bucks I might complain
but.... :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.