Screen flashes durring startup and waking from sleep.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo 2 GB RAM
Lately when I start up my macbook or wake it from sleep the screen flashes then turns on. I tried resetting the ram(pram) by holding option, command, p, r during start up and also tried removing the battery and held down the power button for 5 seconds and the screen still flashes then turns on. Dose anyone know whats wrong with my screen?

OP
tkdkickboxer
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo 2 GB RAM
I noticed that if I just put the screen to sleep and not the macbook it doesn't flash before waking but if I put the whole macbook to sleep or shut it down the screen still flashes then turns on. So I don't know if its the screen or something else that is causing this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
I would call apple if you have apple care, or it is still under warranty. Or you could take it to your local apple store and see what they say.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.