insterting a mini cd?

Reaction score
I need to insert a mini sized cd into my macbook pro.
but is that possible?
will it be able to eject it?
please help :*(

Reaction score
It will go in but it won't come back out, nor will it play. You would need a tray loading player to use mnis.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.53Ghz, 4GB ram, 500gb hd -- Apple TV 160gb -- MacMini 1.83ghz
don't do it, you won't be able to eject it easily. Instead, it you really need to access it, put it in another computer (with a tray-loading) and copy the files on a usb drive or burn the mini-cd's content on a regular cd.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I need to insert a mini sized cd into my macbook pro.
but is that possible?
will it be able to eject it?
please help :*(

We've had a number of people make this mistake here on the Forums. In general, the most success has been had in turning the machine off, closing the lid and shaking the machine just a bit with the drive facing down. Do not do this violently. If you can get even a little bit of the disc to pop out, you should be able to use a pair of needle nose pliers to pull it out the rest of the way.

If it's stuck or you encounter resistance in doing this, don't force it and just take it to an Apple store. They should be able to remove the disc without having to replace the drive - although the mechanism may need to be removed in order to get at it.

Going forward, if you use non-standard optical discs, I would strongly suggest picking up one of these.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.