Google toolbar and iMac

Reaction score
Another Newbie question. I have reviewed the auofill on Safari and like the Google Toolbar one better. If I download Firefox, does it change anything else on my Mac? I am nervous that this download will change either browsers or another setting and will be more trouble.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Erm, downloading Firefox will mean you have another browser. Should effect much else really.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Sure. Firefox should check as to whether you want to use it as your "default", but as long as you answer "no", it shouldn't impact Safari as the default in the slightest.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Use whichever you want for whatever you want them for really, one won't override the other unless you set it as the default.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4gb mem 250gb HD; 160gb Ipod Classic
No download necessary

you don't have to download that browser per se. I have Sprint family locator on my cellphone which allows to track my loved ones online. this service won't allow me access with safari so to use opera or firefox I "enable the Develop menu in Safari, which you can now do in the Advanced section of Safari's Preferences panel. Then click on the Develop menu in Safari, choose User Agent, and select the latest version of Firefox for Mac from the list before you log into a website. :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.