New MacBook Pro coming out?

Reaction score
Hi, Within the next week, I want to pickup a MacBook Pro, I am a University student so I won't be able to buy another notebook until after the completion of Law school lol. (erm as you all know Law school can be quite expensive). I have toiled over trying to save enough money and I want to spend it wisely.

So I wanted to know... if I buy something now, will apple be coming out with a new model? are there any plans? Should I wait for the new one?

ANT THOUGHTS regarding this WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED.:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP unibody
Well I bought my MBP back in mid/late Feb of this year. Two weeks and one day later exactly they came out w/ the new models! I had to do some sweet-talking to the Apple Store manager because of their 14-day return policy, but thankfully he understood my issues w/ being out-dated just one day too late on the return. I swapped out my "old" model and got a new one.

In summary, since they just revamped these notebooks in the past 3-4 months I would say it is a safe bet you could get one now and be set for a while. Just my thoughts on it, though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Even a slightly older MBP should be able to sufficiently handle all of your law school needs until you graduate. If I were in your spot, I'd go ahead and get it. When Apple came out with the slightly faster chipsets after I bought mine (the 2.2/2.4) it didn't even bother me. That's just live in the tech world. I plan to be using mine for at least another year and a half, unless they come out with a radical new design that I like. (Which would only happen at a big event like Macworld in January)

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
You have to buy the machine you need when you need it. Technology changes all the time. If you buy the correct machine to suit your needs, it will continue to suit your needs even after an updated model is released.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4GHZ PROCESSOR / 4GB RAM / 200GB HHD - iPhone 3G 16GB Black
I would say buy. I was waiting like you but decided to buy a month ago, and I am happy I did. You can wait and wait and wait, but when it comes down to it, technology will always be new and better tomorrow!

If you are ready to buy, go for it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook--2.4ghz--4gb RAM--250gb HD__iPod Touch 8gb
I agree with the above posts...in the technology world there will always be someone producing something better than the current machine you own. I have also been contemplating the same thing about whether i stick with my Hp notebook...which i might add has seen better days, or to go ahead and buy a macbook. I decided that i am getting the macbook in the very near future like 1-2 weeks. And i can't wait... But yeah i say go ahead and buy it as one of the posts above me said it will still fit your needs in law school even if a new one comes out. Just remember...because something isn't the latest and greatest piece of technology out there, doesn't mean that your machine becomes inadequate. It can, and in your case, will still handle what you need it to.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4// iPod Touch
I would say to wait because the next update it's not just a regular update, I think the new MBPs are gonna change not only in speed but also in design, and maybe some new features, in fact I'm in the same situation but I'll wait till december

Reaction score
This is the eternal dilemma with tech stuff. After having been through it several times, I suggest that you buy now if you're ready. One element that hasn't been mentioned to this point, is that if a new design is forthcoming that is sufficiently improved so that you might have wished you waited to purchase, it's also probably going to be full of "new model" bugs and problems. If it's not dramatically different from what's currently available, you won't be missing much, and you will have had the satisfaction of using yours that much sooner.

_Dave_

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I would say to wait because the next update it's not just a regular update, I think the new MBPs are gonna change not only in speed but also in design, and maybe some new features, in fact I'm in the same situation but I'll wait till december

That's the biggest problem. Not to be rude, but it's just that nobody really knows. For all we know, the current design could stay the same for another year or more. Apple is selling them by the truckload, so there's no business purpose to change it right now.

Reaction score
i am in the same boat, but think of it this way

say you NEED a car, and you want a brand new one. currently 09 models are out, but yo uknow next year '10 models will be out.. you gonna wait till next year to get the '10 models, when you know that next year will only be a year away from the '11 models?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.