Question on the iPod Touches internet

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook--2.4ghz--4gb RAM--250gb HD__iPod Touch 8gb
I've been thinking of buying one and i was wondering is the internet service free or do u need that mobile me app. I thought the mobile me app was just to sync your email with your mac computer. Can anyone clear this up for me?
Thank You :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4AlumBook, 4g iphone, 64wifi iPad, Atv2, Ipod classic
The touch is a wifi device only. So aslong as you are in a place with wifi you can use the internet functions. The mobile me app is something totally irrelevant to the use of the internet on the touch.

The mobile me app is basically a push server to keep your contacts calendar and mail all synced so you can access it anywhere with an internet connection and a web browser. It also automatically updates any devices linked to the account on computers ipods and iphones.

Hope this has answered your questions! :D

OP
Bman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks ck, i thought that but it doesnt hurt to ask, thanks again

Reaction score
thanks for asking and answering that question. I was wondering that too

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4AlumBook, 4g iphone, 64wifi iPad, Atv2, Ipod classic
not a problem. This is why forums were invented, to spread knowledge and understanding!

Also another quick thing I thought of (bit obvious but thought i'd mention it) you do not get free access to wifi unless its your own or you have permission to use someone elses... (duh i know) also the CLOUD hotspots here in the uk (don't know about the US or others) are only free to iPhone users and NOT ipod touch!

Glad I could help

OP
Bman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yes...although obvious to some it is a great post to add to this thread so it can benefit everyone...i have my own wifi so thats not a problem :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.