Intermittent Connection

G

groovyboy_76

I recently just turned on WEP (64-bit) on my home wireless network, but ever since doing so I've noticed that my wireless connection is intermittent. I frequently need to re-connect to the network after apporx every 30 mins. Any idea why?

OP
R

rolandandmax

Did you find the answer to this? I am having the same trouble - It did not matter with webpages but we are having constant timeouts with messenger?

groovyboy_76 said:
I recently just turned on WEP (64-bit) on my home wireless network, but ever since doing so I've noticed that my wireless connection is intermittent. I frequently need to re-connect to the network after apporx every 30 mins. Any idea why?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
in the settings for wep, is there a feature for the connection to time out every so often, maybe its set to 30 mins? what kind of wireless router are you using?

OP
R

rolandandmax

I can't see anything like that in the Airport Admin Utility.

I am using a Hermstedt XBridge ADSL Ethernet modem to connect to the ADSL line, then this is plugged into the airport.

Macman said:
in the settings for wep, is there a feature for the connection to time out every so often, maybe its set to 30 mins? what kind of wireless router are you using?

OP
C

code777

my linksys does some funky things (at least I think its the router), my iBook sometimes can't find my network so i have to unplug and replug it in - then on my iBook turn airport off then on.

anyone else have these issues???? its annoying.

OP
Z

zabah

I have the same thing going on. I'm on a wireless network at home and at work. At both locations, I need to cycle the wireless router before I can get a wireless connection. I'm beginning to fear that there's a virus going around.

code777 said:
my linksys does some funky things (at least I think its the router), my iBook sometimes can't find my network so i have to unplug and replug it in - then on my iBook turn airport off then on.

anyone else have these issues???? its annoying.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.