I need some opinions as soon as possible

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 120GB HDD
Depends on what you're going to do with it. If you're just using it for day to day stuff then it looks ok to me.

OP
G
Reaction score
Well i wanted to have my home built hooked up to this monitor and a TV and my mbp hooked up to it. I just need to run the windows programs on it so like autodesk inventor and such things

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
Lots of monitors have an analogue and a digital input on them - although that price looks fairly good. I don't think you'd be able to have both computers hooked up at the same time as I don't know if it's possible to switch between inputs on a monitor - I think the monitor just chooses the first socket that has an input. (probably set to look for digital input before moving onto VGA)

If you had your PC hooked up to the analogue signal and the MBP up to the digital input - you would have to unhook one of the machines for the monitor to switch to the other one.

If you want to have both machines on at the same time and want to switch between the 2 - you may find a KVM is your best bet.

OP
G
Reaction score
The switch is basically what i planed on doing i just wasnt sure what they were called or if there even was such a thing. So other than the switch how does the monitor look?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
Personal opinion - a widescreen 19" mon. with good response times for $160 - yeah - sounds like a bargain - at current exchange rates - I'd buy one at that price for sure. I think something similar over here would cost maybe another $40 (US).

Don't Westinghouse make Nuclear Power Stations?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
Just to add, I don't know if you've tried it yet. But I have a 17" Samsung monitor and I was able to connect my mac via DVI and my Windows computer via VGA and my monitor has a source selection button. So...what I'm trying to say is try it and it might work for you on the Westinghouse too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
He already bought the westinghouse INTELligent

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.